It's not getting *insert 360 or PS3 game* because this is NEXT GEN, not LAST GEN

#1TheLetterGuyPosted 1/22/2013 12:47:47 PM
"Arkham City, Assassin's Creed 3, and Mass Effect 3 are SO amazing on the Wii U!!!"

wtf?
#23D_ShadoPosted 1/22/2013 12:52:27 PM
So it's not getting any ports... except all the ones that are made or already in progress? Hell it's getting ports from the Wii too. Besides, unless Nintendo proves it gives a damn about its own machine all you can expect to see is more of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10zwjmyJWxc

Those ports don't seem so bad in comparison do they?
#3Baha05Posted 1/22/2013 12:56:35 PM
The thing is most all games from the lsast gen never get ported to a next gen console all too often.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4kissdadookiePosted 1/22/2013 12:57:47 PM
3D_Shado posted...
So it's not getting any ports... except all the ones that are made or already in progress? Hell it's getting ports from the Wii too. Besides, unless Nintendo proves it gives a damn about its own machine all you can expect to see is more of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10zwjmyJWxc

Those ports don't seem so bad in comparison do they?

I think Nintendo does care about the Wii U as a gaming machine this time around, but the problem is that Nintendo never grew up from being slow as tar developers. It's a combination of a lack of 3rd party support and slow first party development that's really holding back the Wii U. Heck, we can see this being somewhat of an issue for the 3DS as well (look at the games out for the 3DS and compare to the same time frame for the DS). Can't completely blame Nintendo for not being a prolific first party developer but I honestly feel that Nintendo really should push a lot harder for 3rd party support.

Realistically speaking, there's only a year to a year and a half left for top tier current gen games and then development is going to shift mainly to next gen Sony/MS platforms. The time is NOW for Nintendo to hook in 3rd party support for the few remaining top tier AAA 3rd party titles in which if those do well, there will be better 3rd party support on the Wii U in general.
#5kissdadookiePosted 1/22/2013 12:59:33 PM
Baha05 posted...
The thing is most all games from the lsast gen never get ported to a next gen console all too often.

The Wii U in terms of hardware is basically current gen. If it doesn't get the next few rushes of top tier 3rd party games, it's not really going to get much 3rd party support by the time the next Sony/MS boxes come out. Right now is basically a very crucial time for Nintendo to attract and hook in 3rd party developers so that they can solidify the Wii U platform as a plausible revenue generator for 3rd party titles.