Is Zelda:SS really that terrible, or is it an over-exaggeration?

#11Dark_Link604Posted 1/22/2013 1:22:44 PM
I think it's just pro-motion control vs. anti-motion control.
#1240DribylfPosted 1/22/2013 1:23:47 PM
It's a huge exaggeration. It's all part of the Zelda cycle; the new Zelda is always the worst one ever, until the next one is announced, and at that point it becomes a beloved classic. For examples, see Majora's Mask through Twilight Princess.

This is such a cop-out answer. I loved Majora's Mask (my favorite game period), The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess (The GCN version) when they were first released, hell I was the one of the many that defended those games on message boards.

The doesn't excuse SS of its many, many flaws.

Anyway TC, just buy it. My complaints are based off the very poor design choices. The controls are great, don't worry about those.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#13kissdadookiePosted 1/22/2013 1:24:22 PM
Skyward Sword is a very good Zelda game but the problem is that it doesn't really bring anything new to the table for Zelda. One can argue that it has motion controls but honestly, I would rather have liked it better if they gave us camera controls rather than motion controls. I honestly don't believe that Nintendo is placing all that much emphasis on motion controls in general as we can see how little of it is being pushed for the Wii U.
#14AngurvadalPosted 1/22/2013 1:24:35 PM
Easily the best Zelda game. People just blindly hate motion controls while ironically surfing the internet using a motion control mouse.
---
Google? Forget that.
Real men use Alta Vista.
#15DifferentialEquationPosted 1/22/2013 1:25:00 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
It's the only Zelda game that I would consider bad.

Actually, I take that back. Spirit tracks is bad too.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#16TrueBlue91Posted 1/22/2013 1:25:23 PM
The controls are pretty good, but everything else is objectively bad or terrible.

Worth a rental at best.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#17P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/22/2013 1:25:52 PM
Angurvadal posted...
Easily the best Zelda game. People just blindly hate motion controls while ironically surfing the internet using a motion control mouse.

Oddly enough, a poll was done by IGN and SS won over OoT hands down.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#1840DribylfPosted 1/22/2013 1:25:57 PM

I love the motion controls. It's still a terrible game.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#19kissdadookiePosted 1/22/2013 1:27:07 PM
Angurvadal posted...

People who use those aero mouse things are tools :P

Now, if your argument is that the mouse IS motion control, it's not. You're strictly controlling a pointer and in games, it's essentially the second analogue stick but with much more precision and fluidity. I mean, we do not drag our mice around the table to imitate a golf swing or sword slash.
#20PaulKagebeinPosted 1/22/2013 1:28:48 PM(edited)
If you're not expecting a 10/10 game, you might be pleasantly surprised. In my opinion it's almost a 10/10 game. Maybe a 9.6 or 9.7. My second favorite Zelda after The Wind Waker.

Edit: the motion controls are also perhaps the least gimmickly-used of all Wii games, save maybe the Metroid Prime Trilogy.
---
Pokemon White FC - 3225 1582 0350