Is Zelda:SS really that terrible, or is it an over-exaggeration?

#161Kentaro21Posted 1/22/2013 10:05:20 PM
It's not terrible at all.
#162SyserinPosted 1/22/2013 10:11:12 PM
Great game, nice story, i can say personally i like it more than Ocarina, though i liked Ocarina's dungeons more. While it is a great game it does have flaws, biggest being as others said revisiting the same place and performing the same task takes a lot out of the game and makes it seem repetitive.
#163LOLRIFANPosted 1/22/2013 10:15:37 PM
The real reason the fan base seem to be changing opinon,is that the members posting on the boards of any given game,maybe members that either joined the board recently,members that joined this site recently enough to not be here during earlier discussions,or may even left the boards for a long period of time.

Simply put the members you see today may not be the same you'll see tomorrow,that's just common sense.

now if you find someone saying "i hate windwaker" then the same exact user post "i love it" there are three possible explanations 1.they actually did change thier mind(extreemly unlikely) 2.they are either trolling now,were trolling then,or trolling both times 3.They feel "pressured", to conform to the popular opinion, to avoid being ostracized.

The latter is actually the underling theory behind the supposed zelda cycle a few people genuinely hate x game and that causes some people to act like sheep.
The problems is there are people within fanbase like me, who will never state anything other than, what i really think no matter how many people disagree.

Unless you see someone flip flopping constantly it's hard to prove there actually just trying to follow the popular opinion just because it's popular. And even if you prove one person does this it'd be impossible for everyone to do this, in order for an popular opinion to exist a few people,or a lot have to genuinely think that opinion.
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#164Chzrm3Posted 1/22/2013 10:23:43 PM
kissdadookie posted...
Skyward Sword is a very good Zelda game but the problem is that it doesn't really bring anything new to the table for Zelda. One can argue that it has motion controls but honestly, I would rather have liked it better if they gave us camera controls rather than motion controls. I honestly don't believe that Nintendo is placing all that much emphasis on motion controls in general as we can see how little of it is being pushed for the Wii U.

I think the thing that it changes is finally having a believable, endearing relationship between Link and Zelda.

It's one of my favorite Zelda games, there's so much charm and personality in it. I was watching my brother play, so I can't speak to whether it was tedious, but we both absolutely loved it so I dunno.

I feel like a lot of the people complaining about SS would've complained just as much about OoT. "Wahhh, I have to manually walk through Hyrule Field?" "Oh come on, I have to turn back time AGAIN!?!?!?"
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#165RedWarlordPosted 1/22/2013 10:24:34 PM
Zelda:SS is ALL RIGHT. Don't listen to the hype or the haters. Honestly, it is cheap enough now that you should just buy it and stop asking people about it.

Personally, I find all Zelda gamers prior to OOT to be boring and unplayable. I don't like NES/SNES generation games, even though I grew up with them. I think games really evolved and came into their own with N64/PSX, (with a few SNES titles as an exeption) but that's just my opinion.

The reason why SS is just okay is because it has so little to do. It is very liner story-wise, and there aren't many environments to explore, and the flying around is useless. After you visit each little island, you're done. Then it's just from one place to another and back again.

It also has so few side quests compared to previous titles. Even chasing down heart pieces was lackluster. And there wasn't really any token collections, like Skulltulas in OOT or those bugs in TP.

The combat was sort of boring too, and sometimes frustrating with the motion control. MM was great because you could transform Link and that transformation carried over into combat, not to mention really fun puzzle solving. OOT's combat was just a thing of beauty and I missed it even in TP. TP did have great combat as a wolf, and I liked the crossbow stuff.

The tools weren't impressive in SS. I remember WW introduced the leaf, which I thought was amazing when I first used it, just the mechanics of it, and moving that damn boat all around was frustrating and tedious, but it was a new type of game play, and the exploration was always interesting, especially the deep-sea excavation.

I dunno, I just didn't feel SS was as good as previous titles because it was missing a lot of those little Zelda details I was used to, but if you've played any of the previous titles, you should not pass it up (and if you haven't, run, don't walk to ebay!). It's a good game by itself, but it's just an average Zelda title.

PS And I loved OOT, MM, WW, and even TP when they first came out. I didn't need to wait until the next title came out before I decided they were good!
#166PAAGGpewpewPosted 1/22/2013 10:29:32 PM
LUlGI posted...
High exaggeration.

It's great, has some issues, but there's nothing majorly wrong with the game.

There's MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THE GAME, ACTUALLY.

horrible motion controls that make me hate the game and it took me over a year to finish it because of the bad motion controls

Most linear Zelda game ever made. No exploration. Only 3 areas repeated over and over again.

Skyloft sucks.

Fi is the worst companion in any Zelda game, by far.

Summary: Skyward Sword's motion controls sucked badly, the game is linear, it is dumbed down and watered down and casualized for casual gamers, Fi treats people like they're stupid, have to recalibrate every 5 seconds, and no exploration in a Zelda game really kills it. SS is so disappointing and I am very let down.

I love Zelda, but not enough to put up with Skyward Sword. I just can't.
#167x2link777Posted 1/22/2013 11:13:30 PM
PAAGGpewpew posted...
LUlGI posted...
High exaggeration.

horrible motion controls that make me hate the game and it took me over a year to finish it because of the bad motion controls

Most linear Zelda game ever made. No exploration. Only 3 areas repeated over and over again.

Skyloft sucks.

Summary: Skyward Sword's motion controls sucked badly, the game is linear, it is dumbed down and watered down and casualized for casual gamers, Fi treats people like they're stupid, have to recalibrate every 5 seconds, and no exploration in a Zelda game really kills it. SS is so disappointing and I am very let down.

Lol the trolling couldnt be more obvious if you tried here...
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#168LOLRIFANPosted 1/22/2013 11:16:32 PM
x2link777 posted...
PAAGGpewpew posted...
LUlGI posted...
High exaggeration.

Skyloft sucks.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OpinionMyopia
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#169x2link777Posted 1/22/2013 11:29:11 PM
LOLRIFAN posted...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OpinionMyopia

Sorry, but "its my opinion" is not, will never be, and is stupid as hell to use as, an excuse for blatant trolling. If adding "but its opinion" worked like people like you seem to think it does, then this, and all other message boards would be un-readable, as all someone would have to do is throw the opinion card out no matter what they said. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#170PAAGGpewpewPosted 1/22/2013 11:37:01 PM
x2link777 posted...
PAAGGpewpew posted...
LUlGI posted...
High exaggeration.

Skyloft sucks.

I hate a game for the very same reasons that many other people hate the game, and I dislike a game that you love, makes me a troll?

In my mind you are the troll for being happy that Zelda is ruined. So, it is of my opinion that you are the troll for my opinion that Skyward Sword sucks butt.