Is Zelda:SS really that terrible, or is it an over-exaggeration?

#171BosSBaerPosted 1/23/2013 12:50:10 AM
SS is amazing. I wish it came out earlier in the wii's life though.
---
iOS6 - Baerskin //
PSN // BaerPwNz
#172LordrvPosted 1/23/2013 12:58:47 AM
Is Halo-whatever really that terrible, or is it just an over-exaggeration?
#173TalentedMPosted 1/23/2013 1:20:15 AM
Here are the things I didn't like about the game and why I say it is one of the worst Zelda games made.

Recalibrating the controller... Not a thing I should have to do to play properly.
Flying... Tedious.
Revisiting areas... Again, tedious.
Motion controlls in general, not something I personally enjoy.
Story was quite bland.
Fi.

Other than those things the visuals were great, some of the bosses were quite unique and the characters were at least fleshed out. Even with its flaws, it is a solid game... Just not the best of the series. Most of the things were tedious because of the control scheme for me, not big on motion controls and it didn't add anything to the game for me.

It isn't the best, but it is the worst. My opinion anyway.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#174kdognumba1Posted 1/23/2013 1:31:56 AM
A lot of the complaints about the game are definitely blown way out of proportion and tbh some of them are complaints that can be had about most games of this generation (and previous generations) regardless of what system they're on. It's not the best LoZ game, the best of its generation, the best Wii game, or best of its year (though its the best Wii game of its year) however it's not a bad game and nowhere near as bad as what the anti Nintendo gaming media and Nintendo haters make it out to be.

Don't get me wrong, it's not perfect, but it's not bad at all.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#1758221993Posted 1/23/2013 1:44:46 AM(edited)
One of my favorite Zelda games. I think that's it's such a huge over-exaggeration for people to call it a terrible game. If you liked past Zelda games, then there is no reason that you should think that this game is terrible. It doesn't largely change stuff to the point that it is unrecognizable as a Zelda game. Solid 9/10.
#176Sylar100Posted 1/24/2013 12:27:09 AM
I don't think a lot of the complaints are blown out of proportion. I'm one of the many people disappointed with the game.

Gonna be entering some spoiler territory here, so just to note, the spoiler tags will be for things relating up to the end of the game to..

For me the motion controls weren't that bad, but they had their times where they were really annoying. First of all the boss fights with Ghirahim. Quite a few times the sword would swing in the complete opposite direction of where i would swing, and can easily mess you up in those battles.

I hated the Silent Realms, were they hard? No, were they fun? For me nope. I hated the Tear hunting in Twilight Princess, and i hated the unfightable enemies in the DS games. So to combine two things i hated, obviously it was not gonna be fun for me. I could handle one silent realm, but to have a total of four silent realms, it's just annoying.

The repeating boss fights with Ghirahim and the Imprisoned is just annoying, it's what like 7 boss fights total? Including the last boss fight with Akuma

The Shield repair system wasn't needed, while it wasn't horrible, i think i only broke a shield once. The only reason it seemed to be in there was because Nintendo probably saw it in a recent game and thought to put it into SS for some reason.

For people saying Waggling is playing it wrong? Nope, sorry but SS only needs slight wrist movements to attack since you can easily play the game sitting down. You can easily Shield bash the big guys with the shields and then waggle them for an easier victory.. Also if you get close enough you can get caught in their shields when they turn and keep striking them.

The part where The robot is stupid and makes you protect it up the fire mountain is pretty annoying It's not bad once i started using my arrows, but there really was no reason to put it into the game. Sane with thepart where you lose all your items and have to get them back, also un-needed.

It just seems like Nintendo spent way too much time trying to get the enemies to work with the motion controls that they were forced to skimp on the actual gameplay. The game could have been so much better to me. Was it the worst zelda game? No, but it most certainly wasn't the best, and it's not a favorite of mine.