Is Zelda:SS really that terrible, or is it an over-exaggeration?

#41djmaster1994Posted 1/22/2013 2:01:50 PM
Best Zelda Game Ever
yes I said it
it better than
OoT
TP
WW
MM
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#42Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/22/2013 2:04:30 PM
It's actually my favorite Zelda in the series and I've been there since the beginning.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#43guedesbrawlPosted 1/22/2013 2:04:37 PM
it's called opinion. some people might really think it's bad.you should play it for yourself.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#44hrodwulfPosted 1/22/2013 2:06:00 PM
If you don't have an irrational aversion to motion controls, even good implemented ones, you won't have any problem with the motion controls, which is what most who dis it use as an argument. The game is quite inventive, has some memorable scenes, but its problem is that it reuses its 3 main locations, 3 times I think. It's also quite long. The lore is very interesting.
#45GloryChaosPosted 1/22/2013 2:06:32 PM
Probably in after Atem.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#4640DribylfPosted 1/22/2013 2:06:42 PM
Yeah, in any case, you should play it yourself. I hated the game, but that's because it's has everything a game shouldn't have, in my opinion, but not that's it's an objectively poor game.

But a man's trash is another man's treasure so try it yourself.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#47Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/22/2013 2:13:56 PM
The_Hyphenator posted...
40Dribylf posted...
It's a huge exaggeration. It's all part of the Zelda cycle; the new Zelda is always the worst one ever, until the next one is announced, and at that point it becomes a beloved classic. For examples, see Majora's Mask through Twilight Princess.

This is such a cop-out answer. I loved Majora's Mask (my favorite game period), The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess (The GCN version) when they were first released, hell I was the one of the many that defended those games on message boards.

The doesn't excuse SS of its many, many flaws.

Anyway TC, just buy it. My complaints are based off the very poor design choices. The controls are great, don't worry about those.

It's not a cop-out, it's the truth. When Majora's Mask came out, people wouldn't stop whining about how Ocarina of Time was better and how they hated the time mechanic. Then, Wind Waker was announced, people started complaining about the cell shading art style, and Majora's Mask was sacrosanct. Then Twilight Princess came out, people complained about it, and Wind Waker was suddenly a visionary classic with brilliant art design instead of "kiddy-looking." Then Skyward Sword came out, and people suddenly loved Twilight Princess.

It's a very obvious pattern. Zelda fans complain about each new installment in the series until the next one comes out, and then suddenly the previously-reviled game is a cherished classic. Mark my words, when Zelda U comes out, people are going to be going on and on about how Skyward Sword was a much better game.

This man knows what he is talking about. The hardcore crowd has been whining about Zelda ever since Majora's Mask.

Majora's Mask - whined about the time aspect and the fact you don't play as adult Link

Wind Waker - Whined about the cel shading, the sailing, and the last portion of the game being nothing more than one big fetch quest

Twilight Princess - After two games with people begging for the games to be more like Ocarina of Time, we get Twilight Princess and then fans complain that it's too similar to Ocarina of Time and should have been unique like Wind Waker

Skyward Sword - People were complaining that Zelda games were getting stale so we get something that really changed things up AND gave us a definitive beginning of the timeline. Since people whined about Twilight Princess not being unique enough we got a merger of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess in terms of graphical styles and yet people STILL complained. Since they whined about not having sailing, we got islands back and then they whined about that.

The problem is not that Nintendo doesn't listen to their fans, it's that they listen to the wrong fans. Now people are wanting another 2D Zelda and I promise you that once it's released, people will complain that it isn't worth full price and Nintendo was stupid for going backwards
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#4840DribylfPosted 1/22/2013 2:30:16 PM
You people have no idea what the **** you're talking about.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#49Rasputin77Posted 1/22/2013 2:33:26 PM
GameFAQs... where the minority opinion is always an exaggeration.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points if they come from certain posters. ;)
#50Ambassador_KongPosted 1/22/2013 2:34:30 PM
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...
The_Hyphenator posted...
40Dribylf posted...
It's a huge exaggeration. It's all part of the Zelda cycle; the new Zelda is always the worst one ever, until the next one is announced, and at that point it becomes a beloved classic. For examples, see Majora's Mask through Twilight Princess.

This is such a cop-out answer. I loved Majora's Mask (my favorite game period), The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess (The GCN version) when they were first released, hell I was the one of the many that defended those games on message boards.

The doesn't excuse SS of its many, many flaws.

Anyway TC, just buy it. My complaints are based off the very poor design choices. The controls are great, don't worry about those.

It's not a cop-out, it's the truth. When Majora's Mask came out, people wouldn't stop whining about how Ocarina of Time was better and how they hated the time mechanic. Then, Wind Waker was announced, people started complaining about the cell shading art style, and Majora's Mask was sacrosanct. Then Twilight Princess came out, people complained about it, and Wind Waker was suddenly a visionary classic with brilliant art design instead of "kiddy-looking." Then Skyward Sword came out, and people suddenly loved Twilight Princess.

It's a very obvious pattern. Zelda fans complain about each new installment in the series until the next one comes out, and then suddenly the previously-reviled game is a cherished classic. Mark my words, when Zelda U comes out, people are going to be going on and on about how Skyward Sword was a much better game.

Skyward Sword - People were complaining that Zelda games were getting stale so we get something that really changed things up AND gave us a definitive beginning of the timeline. Since people whined about Twilight Princess not being unique enough we got a merger of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess in terms of graphical styles and yet people STILL complained. Since they whined about not having sailing, we got islands back and then they whined about that.

What? Exactly how is SS unique? I keep hearing everyone say it's completely different from the other Zelda games. I just don't see it that way. My biggest problem with SS other than the broken controls, dull fetch quests, unskippale dialogue, boring overworld, paltry number of dungeons, and uninteresting villain was the fact that Skyward Sword didn't get far enough away from the Zelda formula. How exactly is this Zelda different than any of the others?

Same thing happened with Pokemon Black and White. Everyone talked about how it was an evolution to the franchise and it changed the formula. No it didn't. They might have added a little more story, but they certainly didn't stray far from the formula.

Xenoblade Chronicles, Dragon's Dogma, and The Last Story were all much better (and more interesting) games than SS could ever hope to be.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.