Anbody find the gamepad too small?

#1Pueojit2Posted 1/22/2013 12:17:07 PM
I was playing with one at Best Buy and it was almost impossible for me to use. It was harder to use than my 3DS
---
Metroid: Other M < Duke Nukem Forever < Every other game
#2DiscostewSMPosted 1/22/2013 12:19:08 PM
Wait...too small....and the 3DS isn't as hard to use as the Wii U Gamepad? Something's fishy here, and I can smell it.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3The_HyphenatorPosted 1/22/2013 12:21:36 PM
Pueojit2 posted...
I was playing with one at Best Buy and it was almost impossible for me to use. It was harder to use than my 3DS

The cables they use on the Best Buy demo units to keep people from stealing them are much springier than you should and try to yank the controller out of your hands. When you're actually holding an untethered Gamepad, it's much easier to use.
#4Pueojit2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:31:52 PM
The_Hyphenator posted...
Pueojit2 posted...

The cables they use on the Best Buy demo units to keep people from stealing them are much springier than you should and try to yank the controller out of your hands. When you're actually holding an untethered Gamepad, it's much easier to use.

Makes sense. I was still expecting it to be bigger than it actually is
---
#5The_HyphenatorPosted 1/22/2013 12:34:58 PM
Pueojit2 posted...
The_Hyphenator posted...
Pueojit2 posted...

Makes sense. I was still expecting it to be bigger than it actually is

Yeah, the promotional pictures make the Gamepad look much bigger than it is in real life. I can use it just fine, though, and I actually had to trade my original 3DS in for a XL because it was too small for my hands.
#6NarutoPosted 1/22/2013 12:48:03 PM
I find the thing big enough, but the resolution is just too low. Why make an HD console when your graphics are filtered through that screen?
#7Petey_MeanisPosted 1/22/2013 1:05:34 PM
It was harder to use than my 3DS

But even the 3DS XL is smaller than the Gamepad.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#8Pueojit2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 1:15:04 PM
Petey_Meanis posted...
It was harder to use than my 3DS

But even the 3DS XL is smaller than the Gamepad.

Yes, but the XL feels more natural than the gamepad for me
---