Your reaction: Nintendo releases 0 online titles this year.

#11Reflex-ArcPosted 1/22/2013 2:52:25 PM
I'd be okay with this.
#12digiblasterPosted 1/22/2013 3:04:39 PM
Define 'online titles'. Games with online multiplayer as a main focus? As a distraction? Full online co-op? Or just user-made content sharing?

Either way I don't really mind. I haven't played online games very much in the last 18 months or so - I've been playing Black Ops II a little bit but I could live without it. As long as I get my fix of single player experiences I'm okay, so hopefully we'll see a new RPG released for the Wii U this year.
#13TKUKGPosted 1/22/2013 3:05:56 PM
I'd be happy that I don't have to listen to angry children whilst trying to play a game,
#14lgi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 3:07:17 PM
digiblaster posted...
Define 'online titles'. Games with online multiplayer as a main focus? As a distraction? Full online co-op? Or just user-made content sharing?

Either way I don't really mind. I haven't played online games very much in the last 18 months or so - I've been playing Black Ops II a little bit but I could live without it. As long as I get my fix of single player experiences I'm okay, so hopefully we'll see a new RPG released for the Wii U this year.

Let's say...Mario Party online, NSMBU Onine, or any other Nintendo branded online title.
#15lgi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 3:07:37 PM
TKUKG posted...
I'd be happy that I don't have to listen to angry children whilst trying to play a game,

You don't have to keep following them you know.
#16Oni_TaedoPosted 1/22/2013 3:08:01 PM
Good. More local multiplayer for us real competitive players.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#17CaptainMoosePosted 1/22/2013 3:08:01 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
lgi posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
Lay back, take it all. U owners are good at it.

Fans that will take it so far:
pikachupwnage
GoombaX

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/The_Boris/GIFS/1251331835041.gif

Lmao. As you can see from the mehs etc, U owners take it better than anyone

you've obviously never met a Sony fan. They took it for years with the pa3 and now they'll be taking it for years to come ith the vita.
#18mjc0961Posted 1/22/2013 3:09:07 PM
No online titles? Who cares? I don't play any online titles to begin with.

BTW, online title = game that is 100% online and can't be played offline, not a single player game with an online multiplayer mode. World of Warcraft is an online title. League of Legends is an online title. Pokemon, even though is has online modes, is not an online title.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#19digiblasterPosted 1/22/2013 3:19:34 PM
lgi posted...
digiblaster posted...

Let's say...Mario Party online, NSMBU Onine, or any other Nintendo branded online title.

See, Mario Party and NSMBU should, IMO, be kept local only. Part of the fun of those games, as with Nintendo Land, is being in the same room as the people you're playing with. I've had so much fun with NL the past few weeks, and I honestly think a lot of it would be lost playing online.

Take a game like Metroid however, and it'd be nice if that had online multiplayer (assuming it had some form of multiplayer content to begin with). Not all games lend themselves well to online, and I think it'd be a bad idea to shoehorn it in for the sake of it being there.

Just my two cents.
#20lgi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 3:23:21 PM
digiblaster posted...
lgi posted...
digiblaster posted...

See, Mario Party and NSMBU should, IMO, be kept local only. Part of the fun of those games, as with Nintendo Land, is being in the same room as the people you're playing with. I've had so much fun with NL the past few weeks, and I honestly think a lot of it would be lost playing online.

Take a game like Metroid however, and it'd be nice if that had online multiplayer (assuming it had some form of multiplayer content to begin with). Not all games lend themselves well to online, and I think it'd be a bad idea to shoehorn it in for the sake of it being there.

Just my two cents.

Well, ANY online nintendo game, with ANY licence, ANYTHING! This excuse, that not everything needs to be online...well, not everything needs to be local multiplayer, but it's their.