I don't understand the big deal about the 3 hour battery life.

#1liveman789Posted 1/22/2013 4:46:46 PM
Aren't your consoles right next to an outlet? What's the big deal about plugging your gamepad with a tiny little wire that barely gets in the way?
#2Beatperson14Posted 1/22/2013 4:48:07 PM
The console promotes 'Off TV Play' and neglects to mention 'for like an hour and a half'
#3SerOnionKnightPosted 1/22/2013 4:48:08 PM
Stop apologizing, you know its an issue.
#4Zato InfinitePosted 1/22/2013 4:50:42 PM(edited)
The battery life wouldn't matter too much to me as I only have time to play games for a max of 45 minutes a day if I'm lucky. On the flip side, not everybody plays near an available outlet.
#5Sailor GoonPosted 1/22/2013 4:50:20 PM
liveman789 posted...
Aren't your consoles right next to an outlet? What's the big deal about plugging your gamepad with a tiny little wire that barely gets in the way?

Maybe....just maybe, its because its a WIRELESS device and customers shouldnt have to rely on staying near outlets just to use the device.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#6shinra35800Posted 1/22/2013 4:52:02 PM
wii motes last less don't they? AND have poor chargers.

PSP and 3DS are about 4 hours.

My laptop is about 2 :_(
#7liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 4:52:11 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
liveman789 posted...

Maybe....just maybe, its because its a WIRELESS device and customers shouldnt have to rely on staying near outlets just to use the device.

One would assume that you'd be near an outlet anyways being that you're playing a gaming console, which aren't wireless themselves, by the way.

The wire for the game pad is also pretty damn long.
#8_Sovereign_Posted 1/22/2013 5:57:19 PM
A console that you need a TV for....or at least you need to be close enough to it for it to work without the TV means that you will be in your house, with at minimum 4 outlets per room ( 2 for bath)....this really is not an issue unless you have small children or pets.

Second, most handhelds last roughly the same amount of time depending on various settings and usage. That is unacceptable for a HANDHELD, but a HOME console? Nah...
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#9Xenesis XenonPosted 1/22/2013 5:59:10 PM
liveman789 posted...
One would assume that you'd be near an outlet anyways being that you're playing a gaming console, which aren't wireless themselves, by the way.

The wire for the game pad is also pretty damn long.

Not necessarily - some room layouts/furniture don't allow easy access to such things.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#10Baha05Posted 1/22/2013 5:59:13 PM
Because 3 hours for a controller is really weak. Granted the screen has a big ass screen that drains the battery but still it's pretty bad for long play times.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U