I don't understand the big deal about the 3 hour battery life.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I don't understand the big deal about the 3 hour battery life.

User Info: blankempathy

blankempathy
3 years ago#21
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
You gonna change those in the middle of your session? Around a minute is enough to lose many hours of playtime for some people.

Maybe if you're easily distracted.
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler

User Info: EazyERock

EazyERock
3 years ago#22
lgi posted...
EazyERock posted...
liveman789 posted...
Aren't your consoles right next to an outlet? What's the big deal about plugging your gamepad with a tiny little wire that barely gets in the way?

the real question should be who plays for 3 hours straight without stopping

PS3 and 360 owners. That's when you do when you have good games. I can't imagine playing NSMBU for longer than an hour.

lol, i wish i had that much free time on my hands..
not changing this sig until RG3 wins Rookie of the Year

User Info: blankempathy

blankempathy
3 years ago#23
EazyERock posted...
lgi posted...
EazyERock posted...
liveman789 posted...
Aren't your consoles right next to an outlet? What's the big deal about plugging your gamepad with a tiny little wire that barely gets in the way?

the real question should be who plays for 3 hours straight without stopping

PS3 and 360 owners. That's when you do when you have good games. I can't imagine playing NSMBU for longer than an hour.

lol, i wish i had that much free time on my hands..

No obviously you do that much free time but clearly the ps3/360 are superior enough for you to sit on your ass skip responsibilities and play for 4 hours straight! Must be nice to still be in high school/college.
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
3 years ago#24
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
blankempathy posted...
kyncani posted...
A wireless controller is pretty much a given now.
My wireless headset lasts 7~8 hours and it is annoying, more would be better.

Is it really that hard to stand up and swap out some rechargable batteries? It takes me around a minute to do. First world problems.

You gonna change those in the middle of your session? Around a minute is enough to lose many hours of playtime for some people.

I'll just wait for a console revision that will fix this issue.
First world country does come with its perks, decent batteries is one of them.

User Info: Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
3 years ago#25
I barely ever play something for more than an hour or two, so the battery life is fine for me. If I ever went over that, there's an outlet right next to the bed I play on that I can hook it up to while I play. I've got no complaints.

That said, for the people who both play more than three hours straight and can't be bothered to use an outlet, I can see buying that other battery they are talking about as worth it. I won't judge.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
3 years ago#26
kyncani posted...

You don't even need to wait on a revision, battery packs will come out over time to fix the problem.
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
3 years ago#27
Baha05 posted...
kyncani posted...

You don't even need to wait on a revision, battery packs will come out over time to fix the problem.

True, that is a good fix.

User Info: _Falstaff

_Falstaff
3 years ago#28
What's most surprising to me is that there are people that spend more than 3 hours at a time playing video games.
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
3 years ago#29
I have 8 hours, give or take, two nights a week to myself for games.

If I choose to spend that time with my Wii-U, it's a problem.
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

User Info: game freakozoid

game freakozoid
3 years ago#30
_Falstaff posted...
What's most surprising to me is that there are people that spend more than 3 hours at a time playing video games.

How the hell would this surprise anyone? Are people wrapped up in their own little worlds that they can't notice how a ton of other people live their lives? Long play sessions of video games aren't now nor have ever been a rare thing to see or hear about.

I get the argument that you're always within range of an outlet, but the, "Oh wow, somebody would play a video game for over 3 hours at a time" argument makes no sense.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I don't understand the big deal about the 3 hour battery life.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived