I don't understand the big deal about the 3 hour battery life.

#21blankempathyPosted 1/22/2013 6:26:05 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
You gonna change those in the middle of your session? Around a minute is enough to lose many hours of playtime for some people.

Maybe if you're easily distracted.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#22EazyERockPosted 1/22/2013 6:30:13 PM
lgi posted...
EazyERock posted...
liveman789 posted...
Aren't your consoles right next to an outlet? What's the big deal about plugging your gamepad with a tiny little wire that barely gets in the way?

the real question should be who plays for 3 hours straight without stopping

PS3 and 360 owners. That's when you do when you have good games. I can't imagine playing NSMBU for longer than an hour.

lol, i wish i had that much free time on my hands..
---
not changing this sig until RG3 wins Rookie of the Year
#23blankempathyPosted 1/22/2013 6:32:48 PM
EazyERock posted...
lgi posted...
EazyERock posted...
liveman789 posted...
Aren't your consoles right next to an outlet? What's the big deal about plugging your gamepad with a tiny little wire that barely gets in the way?

the real question should be who plays for 3 hours straight without stopping

PS3 and 360 owners. That's when you do when you have good games. I can't imagine playing NSMBU for longer than an hour.

lol, i wish i had that much free time on my hands..

No obviously you do that much free time but clearly the ps3/360 are superior enough for you to sit on your ass skip responsibilities and play for 4 hours straight! Must be nice to still be in high school/college.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#24kyncaniPosted 1/22/2013 6:35:27 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
blankempathy posted...
kyncani posted...
A wireless controller is pretty much a given now.
My wireless headset lasts 7~8 hours and it is annoying, more would be better.

Is it really that hard to stand up and swap out some rechargable batteries? It takes me around a minute to do. First world problems.

You gonna change those in the middle of your session? Around a minute is enough to lose many hours of playtime for some people.

I'll just wait for a console revision that will fix this issue.
First world country does come with its perks, decent batteries is one of them.
#25Tsutarja495Posted 1/22/2013 6:37:37 PM
I barely ever play something for more than an hour or two, so the battery life is fine for me. If I ever went over that, there's an outlet right next to the bed I play on that I can hook it up to while I play. I've got no complaints.

That said, for the people who both play more than three hours straight and can't be bothered to use an outlet, I can see buying that other battery they are talking about as worth it. I won't judge.
#26Baha05Posted 1/22/2013 6:42:09 PM
kyncani posted...

You don't even need to wait on a revision, battery packs will come out over time to fix the problem.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#27kyncaniPosted 1/22/2013 8:05:42 PM
Baha05 posted...
kyncani posted...

You don't even need to wait on a revision, battery packs will come out over time to fix the problem.

True, that is a good fix.
#28_FalstaffPosted 1/22/2013 8:07:44 PM
What's most surprising to me is that there are people that spend more than 3 hours at a time playing video games.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#29AwayFromHerePosted 1/22/2013 8:16:56 PM
I have 8 hours, give or take, two nights a week to myself for games.

If I choose to spend that time with my Wii-U, it's a problem.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#30game freakozoidPosted 1/22/2013 8:43:48 PM
_Falstaff posted...
What's most surprising to me is that there are people that spend more than 3 hours at a time playing video games.

How the hell would this surprise anyone? Are people wrapped up in their own little worlds that they can't notice how a ton of other people live their lives? Long play sessions of video games aren't now nor have ever been a rare thing to see or hear about.

I get the argument that you're always within range of an outlet, but the, "Oh wow, somebody would play a video game for over 3 hours at a time" argument makes no sense.