Has anyone been to their local target and seen the Wii U deluxe discounted?

#11PendragoonPosted 1/22/2013 8:12:45 PM
Baha05 posted...
geneticsftw posted...
Might be a redundant question, but why wouldn't they have the sale online too?

Maybe to get people in the store for other things?

Yep, they make their money on the console (because Nintendo probably sells the deluxe to them for under $300) and they hope to get a game sale or two as well, which also makes them money.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#12slyman19Posted 1/22/2013 8:17:28 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
The sale is probably National. Target has been doing pretty poorly these past few years. They have been having sales on everything in an effort to get more business. Launch week they had B1G1 50% off sale. They will continue to do sales like this so long as they are struggling.

Target is doing poorly? I think you mean the Wii U is doing poorly, that`s the reason for the sale.
#13bano123Posted 1/22/2013 8:20:29 PM
Did anyone else read the title as "Has anyone been to their local target and seen the Wii U deluxe discontinued?"

lol
#14geneticsftwPosted 1/22/2013 8:22:04 PM
Wait, I read some of the title, target sale wii u deluxe
---
Sweet
#15SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/22/2013 8:28:12 PM
slyman19 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
The sale is probably National. Target has been doing pretty poorly these past few years. They have been having sales on everything in an effort to get more business. Launch week they had B1G1 50% off sale. They will continue to do sales like this so long as they are struggling.

Target is doing poorly? I think you mean the Wii U is doing poorly, that`s the reason for the sale.

no both I suppose

http://tcbmag.com/News/Recent-News/2013/January/Target-Same-Store-Sales-Flat-in-Dec-,-Miss-Expecta

Also if Target really wanted to get rid off Wii U(s) why didn't they actually put the ads in the paper?
#16DarthFloatyPosted 1/22/2013 9:11:41 PM
slyman19 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...

No, Target is doing pretty bad lately. The Wii U is a mixed bag, but seems to be doing just fine at this moment.