A little off topic, but could someone answer this question about a receiver?

#1promo123Posted 1/22/2013 9:22:41 PM
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/denon-denon-7-2-channel-network-multi-zone-receiver-avr-3313ci-avr-3313ci/10203457.aspx?path=fbd725bc7a8e660172a593b6607a297ben02

This receiver is a 7.2, but you can plug 11 speakers into it. I don't know a lot about this, so I find that a little confusing. Can I only use 7 of them at once? Here's a close up picture of the receiver so you can see it better.

http://audiogeneral.com/denon/avr3313ci_lg.jpg

Also, is it worth getting two sub woofers in one room, or is the second one mainly if you have speakers set up in another room as well?

I'll be using this with my Wii U among other things, so I suppose it could be kind of on topic.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#2ZvolTxPosted 1/22/2013 9:26:05 PM
Reported for Off-Topic Posting.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#3ZvolTxPosted 1/22/2013 9:28:25 PM
ZvoLtx posted...
Reported for Off-Topic Posting.

Naw I'm just messin'.

I have no idea, here's a free bump though.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#4hellbringherPosted 1/22/2013 9:31:37 PM
Jerry rice
---
Regular Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adventure Time
#5LordElohimPosted 1/22/2013 10:12:39 PM
Multi zone means that you can have speakers set up in two different rooms, zone 1 and zone 2. You can have the Wii U running in zone 1, while, say, an XBOX 360 is running on another TV in zone 2. That's about the best I can do. I have the 5308, also Denon, and I have multi zone, but I don't use it. Download the manual for the receiver, and read through the multi zone part, so you can understand it better.

It is also worth noting that you will never see a game on the Wii U in native 7.1, at best the receiver will be upconverting par to sub par 5.1. Honestly, something like a Denon is completely wasted on a Wii U, so I hope you have a dedicated blu-ray player, or some great stereo to use it with.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim
#6nbean16Posted 1/23/2013 1:36:39 AM
LordElohim posted...
Multi zone means that you can have speakers set up in two different rooms, zone 1 and zone 2. You can have the Wii U running in zone 1, while, say, an XBOX 360 is running on another TV in zone 2. That's about the best I can do. I have the 5308, also Denon, and I have multi zone, but I don't use it. Download the manual for the receiver, and read through the multi zone part, so you can understand it better.

It is also worth noting that you will never see a game on the Wii U in native 7.1, at best the receiver will be upconverting par to sub par 5.1. Honestly, something like a Denon is completely wasted on a Wii U, so I hope you have a dedicated blu-ray player, or some great stereo to use it with.

Actually a denon is perfect for the wiiu since it supports uncompressed pcm audio which is the only way to use surround with a wiiu. And yes tc, 2 subs is highly advantageous if you can afford it. It will even out response in a room and help eliminate nulls throughout your room. That's a great receiver and youd likely never need anything better.
#7LordElohimPosted 1/23/2013 2:32:46 AM
Uh, I had my Wii U hooked up via component/stereo cables, and it output pro logic just fine, which is a type of surround sound.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim
#8darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 7:01:29 AM
You can have every speaker hooked up at one time, and you can run them all at the same time by selecting the amp assignment in the receiver menu that runs them all at once. Or, you can shut off the extraneous ones, or set up the extraneous ones for a second zone.

A second subwoofer can be useful, under a couple of conditions:

- if they are both in front, they have to be equidistant from the center-channel speaker
- if one is in front and one is in back, they have to be on-center and equidistant from the target listening area (where all your speakers are pointed at; the area of the room that you're focusing the sound on - in my case, my two-seater couch)

However, tandem subs are really only practical in large rooms, but if you have a room large enough for tandem subs, you really should be running larger speakers anyway, eliminating the need for subs in the first place.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#9darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 7:03:32 AM
LordElohim posted...
Uh, I had my Wii U hooked up via component/stereo cables, and it output pro logic just fine, which is a type of surround sound.

It's a surround sound that your receiver creates. However, the Wii doesn't feed it a surround sound signal. It feeds it a stereo signal that the receiver turns into surround sound.

Don't get me wrong - there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. However, the native LPCM is going to be a higher quality surround sound experience.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#10Waggy17Posted 1/23/2013 8:47:00 AM(edited)
darkjedilink posted...
LordElohim posted...

It's a surround sound that your receiver creates. However, the Wii doesn't feed it a surround sound signal. It feeds it a stereo signal that the receiver turns into surround sound.

Don't get me wrong - there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. However, the native LPCM is going to be a higher quality surround sound experience.

Nothing wrong with it, but the Wii U doesn't support Dolby Pro Logic II, so it doesn't output the appropriate flags in the stereo mix for it to be "true" Dolby Pro Logic. Only certain games in Wii mode will supposedly allow a DPLII mix.
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg