Whoa Wait, Nintendo is actually making us rebuy the VC games we own?

#181blankempathyPosted 1/23/2013 3:03:18 PM
mini_blight posted...
Baha05 posted...
Why are they charging for updates to **** you already own and transferred to the Wii U? Again I did not pay jack **** to have Kinect commands on Skyrim, so why the hell am I charged a buck for updates so I can play the game I bought and transferred on the Game Pad?

Why are you paying 59.99 dollars a year for Xbox Live?

Why?

Why?!

It should be FREE!

Why? Why are there millions of advertisements on a service you already pay 59.99 dollars for?

WHY?!

WHHHHHHYYYY!?!?11

lol

Where's the rage for that? You know it's one thing to be mad at being charged a small fee for VC updates, but it is quite another to do that while ignoring the elephant in the room called XBOX LIVE.

With live there really is no way around it either. If you want to play multiplayer online you bend over and take it and thats that. This vc thing isn't even comparable to that. Also Hulu plus. I pay for your service and I still get ads, screw that.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#182Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 3:04:04 PM
mini_blight posted...
Why?

Why?!

It should be FREE!

Why? Why are there millions of advertisements on a service you already pay 59.99 dollars for?

WHY?!

WHHHHHHYYYY!?!?11

lol

Where's the rage for that? You know it's one thing to be mad at being charged a small fee for VC updates, but it is quite another to do that while ignoring the elephant in the room called XBOX LIVE.

Because XBL is a service, yes it sucks to pay for it but by the end of the day a lot of services you have to pay for.

However this is about DIGITAL copies of games you bought once already and you transferred them to the new console only to have two options, either play them on the old console, or pay a dollar or more each game to download them again.

Again making transfers for VC really pointless.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#183blankempathyPosted 1/23/2013 3:05:17 PM
Baha05 posted...
mini_blight posted...
Why?

Why?!

It should be FREE!

WHY?!

WHHHHHHYYYY!?!?11

lol

Because XBL is a service, yes it sucks to pay for it but by the end of the day a lot of services you have to pay for.

However this is about DIGITAL copies of games you bought once already and you transferred them to the new console only to have two options, either play them on the old console, or pay a dollar or more each game to download them again.

Except that you can still play games entirely on your tv.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#184arvilinoPosted 1/23/2013 3:05:21 PM
Baha05 posted...
mini_blight posted...
Why?

Why?!

It should be FREE!

WHY?!

WHHHHHHYYYY!?!?11

lol

Unless you want to play them on the Gamepad.
#185DemonDog666Posted 1/23/2013 3:05:30 PM
mini_blight posted...
Instead they just remove PS2 BC and resell you the same games you already own with an update!

You guys are trying too hard. I knew you all would pounce on the VC price. Predictable to the bitter end.

They didn't remove ps2 BC they discontinued it, anyone with a ps2BC ps3 model can still play them, and they did it to reduce the cost and the HD collections are more for people who didn't play the game in the place.

Also the amount they reduced the ps3 by was the amount a ps2 costed, so if it was that important to you you could just buy a ps2, hell you still can buy a ps2. Can you still buy a gamecube? Does wiiU let you play physical gamecube games? Does Nintendo give you digital versions of all your gamecube physical games?
#186Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 3:06:25 PM
arvilino posted...

In which you have to pay a fee of a dollar. Do you see the issue here?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#187arvilinoPosted 1/23/2013 3:09:56 PM
Baha05 posted...
arvilino posted...

In which you have to pay a fee of a dollar. Do you see the issue here?

Paying a dollar for additional functionality not present on the original version on the new console?
#188Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 3:10:34 PM
arvilino posted...
Paying a dollar for additional functionality not present on the original version on the new console?

Exactly.
---
#189rafiiillaPosted 1/23/2013 3:19:26 PM
Baha05 posted...
myusernameislame posted...
Your existing copy in Wii mode doesn't get upgraded, therefore you're buying a new copy. Again if people are going to complain about this can they at least call it what it really is?

Then I might as well buy it new for 8 ****** dollars then, it pretty much invsalidates the purpose of porting anything from the Wii.

Is it really better to pay $8 instead of $1 for the same thing? pfffff then I am really wrong in what I think
---
NNID: rafiiilla
#190Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 3:21:45 PM
rafiiilla posted...
Is it really better to pay $8 instead of $1 for the same thing? pfffff then I am really wrong in what I think

Depends on the context. If you have the older system on an older TV then no. If you owned the game but lost it then it's worth paying $8 bucks if you really liked it. But again one of the points of VC is that it's all digital, so therre shouldn't be any cases where you have to pay to get an updates version of the emulator.
---