Whoa Wait, Nintendo is actually making us rebuy the VC games we own?

#1912wingedangelPosted 1/23/2013 3:22:04 PM
- Off TV play
- Button reassignment
- Save States
- Miiverse

All for just $1 per game!
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#192DemonDog666Posted 1/23/2013 3:23:16 PM
2wingedangel posted...
- Off TV play
- Button reassignment
- Save States
- Miiverse

All for just $1 per game!

All emulator functions on an emulator that should have been available on launch, they probably delayed it just so people wouldn't find out about this at launch.
#193Elements012894Posted 1/23/2013 3:23:16 PM
Don't rebuy it and enjoy it on Wii mode then. Damn this same thing happened with the UMD and digital games too.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#194Sirian_HawkPosted 1/23/2013 3:23:34 PM
Baha05 posted...
arvilino posted...
Unless you want to play them on the Gamepad.

In which you have to pay a fee of a dollar. Do you see the issue here?

Yes. The issue is that you are overly entitled. Do you think that Nintendo employees don't deserve to get payed for their work? Those versions you own were designed for the Wii, not the Wii-U. All these extra functions don't currently exist in their programming. That means work was necessary to upgrade them. And you deserve that for free... why?

You bought your version. You got what you payed for. Nowhere when you bought it was it prefaced with "all future versions included". What makes you think you are entitled to this version?
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#195DemonDog666Posted 1/23/2013 3:24:18 PM
Elements012894 posted...
Don't rebuy it and enjoy it on Wii mode then. Damn this same thing happened with the UMD and digital games too.

Not getting a digital version of a physical game you own is one thing, having to rebuy a digital game you own digitally to use it on a new emulator is something else entirely.
#196DemonDog666Posted 1/23/2013 3:25:19 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
Yes. The issue is that you are overly entitled. Do you think that Nintendo employees don't deserve to get payed for their work? Those versions you own were designed for the Wii, not the Wii-U. All these extra functions don't currently exist in their programming. That means work was necessary to upgrade them. And you deserve that for free... why?

You bought your version. You got what you payed for. Nowhere when you bought it was it prefaced with "all future versions included". What makes you think you are entitled to this version?

It's not a version, it's the same game just running on a new emulator, this is like paying for an OS update.
#197Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 3:27:52 PM(edited)
Sirian_Hawk posted...

They deserve to get paid and chances are they will or have been getting paid each time a full priced VC title is bought.

The thing is that all VC is fundamentally Digital, so there should be no excuse for it not to be free in all future digital releases of the same game. This isn't like me buying the first Halo on Xbox and demands the 10th Anniversary Edition for free, this is asking for an updated version of the emulator for a game that is the same damn digital copy, nothing changed about the game.

It would be like Steam charging you a buck every time you buy a new computer in order to download your games to the new HDD
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#198mini_blightPosted 1/23/2013 3:27:10 PM
Baha05 posted...
mini_blight posted...
Why?

Why?!

It should be FREE!

Why? Why are there millions of advertisements on a service you already pay 59.99 dollars for?

WHY?!

WHHHHHHYYYY!?!?11

lol

Where's the rage for that? You know it's one thing to be mad at being charged a small fee for VC updates, but it is quite another to do that while ignoring the elephant in the room called XBOX LIVE.

Because XBL is a service, yes it sucks to pay for it but by the end of the day a lot of services you have to pay for.

However this is about DIGITAL copies of games you bought once already and you transferred them to the new console only to have two options, either play them on the old console, or pay a dollar or more each game to download them again.

Again making transfers for VC really pointless.

"VC is also a service. Yes it sucks to pay a little extra for the update, but at the end of the day a lot services make you pay for them."

A dollar fee for VC is something that doesn't faze me as much as it would have if we weren't drowning in far, far worse from this industry.

I shudder to think of the amount of hyperbolic faux rage Nintendo would generate if they literally copied Xbox Live. I'd love to see the mental gymnastics from the usual and "new" suspects.
#199Sirian_HawkPosted 1/23/2013 3:29:50 PM
Baha05 posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...

They deserve to get paid and chances are they will or have been getting paid each time a full priced VC title is bought.

The thing is that all VC is fundamentally Digital, so there should be no excuse for it not to be free in all future digital releases of the same game. This isn't like me buying the first Halo on Xbox and demands the 10th Anniversary Edition for free, this is asking for an updated version of the emulator for a game that is the same damn digital copy, nothing changed about the game.

But they got paid for the work in making the vanilla VC game, not yet for the work in upgrading it with these new features. That's what the dollar is... payment for the new features. You are not paying for the game again.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#200Renaissance2KPosted 1/23/2013 3:30:47 PM
All of these people complaining about Nintendo's tiny fees for upgrading their Virtual Console games are going to be in for a shock when Sony and Microsoft reveal how they're handling backwards compatibility on their next consoles.