So Metal Gear Solid is confirmed for Wii U?

#1140DribylfPosted 1/23/2013 2:48:12 PM
SerOnionKnight posted...
The only new metal gear I would be excited about at this point is a remake of the original. The series is now so filled with bloat its not even funny. Why make a good game when you can make a bad one with a bunch of pretty cinematics?

All the games are pretty amazing, sorry you don't like 'em.

I'd also like a remake of the original. Twin Snakes made some bad decisions.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#12PedroMontanaPosted 1/24/2013 9:33:57 AM
Well, now with Yoshi and Resident Evil being official, i think it's safe to consider it confirmed that some kind of MGS game will come to the Wii U.
---
No More Heroes
#13NerdstickPosted 1/24/2013 9:40:58 AM
40Dribylf posted...
SerOnionKnight posted...
The only new metal gear I would be excited about at this point is a remake of the original. The series is now so filled with bloat its not even funny. Why make a good game when you can make a bad one with a bunch of pretty cinematics?

All the games are pretty amazing, sorry you don't like 'em.

I'd also like a remake of the original. Twin Snakes made some bad decisions.

Twin Snakes? I'd like a remake of the original Metal Gear, not Metal Gear Solid. I'm curious if they'd retcon any of the story now that it's been fleshed out as much as it has, and Big Boss's motives are still kind of confusing going back to it.
#14nonexistingheroPosted 1/24/2013 9:43:14 AM
Yeah, I'd say it's pretty much confirmed. But it's not confirmed what titles of those franchises it will be. Could be spinoffs as well.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#15JTaanaaPosted 1/24/2013 9:44:10 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Yeah, I'd say it's pretty much confirmed. But it's not confirmed what titles of those franchises it will be. Could be spinoffs as well.

I don't know if I would say it's confirmed yet, but there WAS talk about Nintendo meeting with Kojima to create a Metal Gear game for WiiU. That said we haven't heard any information about it since then, but who knows. It COULD happen.
#16ElectricMolePosted 1/28/2013 1:41:33 AM
Nintendo makes those hidden boards.

Metal Gear Something is accidentally confirmed. Most likely it is Phantom Pain.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#17diggyfreshPosted 1/28/2013 1:45:54 AM
RahzarX posted...
Obviously it's coming.

Nintendo has had collaborations with them in the past. They said they have more collabs coming in the future. So its a shoe in.

don't know if it's obvious, but yes the leak and the fact N has connections with MGS make it a possibility. there's a lot to do with Wii U's game pad too in that IP. could be a very fun game.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#18TheTrueNubPosted 1/28/2013 2:17:19 AM
Another remake maybe?

Possibly a port of Rising since Nintendo seems to be trying to make friends with Platinum?
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#19Pale HorsemanPosted 1/28/2013 2:18:31 AM
Oh god...if this is true I would have to hold off from getting it for the PS3 or X360 (depending which one was better) and see how the Wii U port holds up.
---
BreadGolem: We never killed Native Americans, they got sick!
#20SocranPosted 1/28/2013 2:43:25 AM(edited)
If The Phantom Pain was on Wii U, that'd be pretty impressive, considering that it's actually Metal Gear Solid V (well, that, or Kojima's trolling again): http://consolelife.ru/uploads/posts/2012-12/1354986767_1.jpg

But let's not talk about "confirmation" just yet. If the "leak" had been faked, Yoshi would've been the only risky guess, and the name still didn't match up. Granted, that means the other guesses weren't even risky, which includes Metal Gear... We'll probably get something.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."