The VC fee is BS

#11EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/23/2013 10:04:55 AM
The_Hyphenator posted...
freezeman posted...
Then don't pay and play them on the wii mode.

---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls, Trine 2
#12darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 10:05:30 AM
APHughes posted...
Saying you shouldn't pay for a feature that should have been included in the first place is a dumb argument. It is people like you that make me ashamed to say I am a Nintendo fan.

First off, what?

Second, who the hell are you to decide whether or not it "should have been included in the first place?"
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#13AhnoldDoodPosted 1/23/2013 10:05:45 AM
APHughes posted...
Saying you shouldn't pay for a feature that should have been included in the first place is a dumb argument.

???
#14tizzywilkillyouPosted 1/23/2013 10:06:08 AM
APHughes posted...
Saying you shouldn't pay for a feature that should have been included in the first place is a dumb argument. It is people like you that make me ashamed to say I am a Nintendo fan.

Huh? Who said that?

Are you saying Wii U support (gamepad/miiverse/etc) "should have been included in the first place" in a VC title bought in say 2008? o_O
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#15APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 10:07:25 AM
Lets say the next Xbox forces you to pay $1 in order to transfer the games over to play them on the new one with a small new feature. I believe most people, myself included, would be outraged by this. This feels like a cash grab to me. Nintendo should give have had this feature on the Wii and it should be free on the Wii U.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#16AhnoldDoodPosted 1/23/2013 10:08:25 AM
APHughes posted...
Lets say the next Xbox forces you to pay $1 in order to transfer the games over to play them on the new one with a small new feature

YOU DON'T NEED TO PAY ANYTHING TO TRANSFER.
#17APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 10:10:45 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
APHughes posted...
Saying you shouldn't pay for a feature that should have been included in the first place is a dumb argument.

???

When the Wii U launched it should have easily transfered over all your VC titles and given you the ability to play them on the GamePad. This would have been a selling feature for some people.

Its decisions like this that make me wonder why I've supported them for so long.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#18darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 10:10:46 AM
APHughes posted...
Lets say the next Xbox forces you to pay $1 in order to transfer the games over to play them on the new one with a small new feature. I believe most people, myself included, would be outraged by this. This feels like a cash grab to me. Nintendo should give have had this feature on the Wii and it should be free on the Wii U.

You can transfer them for free, so you aren't paying for a transfer. Stop pretending you are. You're paying for a second copy of a game you already have with enhanced features. There's a difference.

Also, you haven't explained why the work necessary to change the game to add in these features should be done for free. Until then, you don't have a leg to stand on.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#19bskiffingtonPosted 1/23/2013 10:11:15 AM
APHughes posted...

You can transfer games over to your Wii U from your Wii for free, bro. The 1.00 fee is if you want to upgrade each game to include save states, game pad/off screen support, miiverse, etc. If you don't want to pay that one dollar then you don't have to, you can play the game on the Wii U for free the exact same way that you play it on the regular Wii.
#20The_HyphenatorPosted 1/23/2013 10:12:03 AM
APHughes posted...

The point is that Nintendo isn't just re-releasing these games, they're also adding a lot of new features, including save states, off-TV play, re-mappable controls and Miiverse integration. The fee pays for the upgrade to that additional content. If you feel that content isn't worth the price of admission, you're free to continue playing those games using the legacy Wii mode.

But arguing that Nintendo should just eat the cost of implementing those additional features is stupid and self-entitled. People like you make me ashamed to be a gamer, period.