The VC fee is BS

#151APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 3:09:13 PM
Baha05 posted...
R_O_B_Sentry posted...
you can just carry on playing your games in Wii mode.

This is part of the problem though

Nintendo gave us a half assed solution to backwards compatibility. Now their new solution is to pay for their mistakes. No wonder no one is buying their system. I almost wish I would have waited to buy it myself.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#152Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 3:09:18 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
If you have over 50 VC games, then you must have money, so what's the problem?

The problem is to port all of them means to give up 50 dollars.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#153metroid00700Posted 1/23/2013 3:09:51 PM
PrinceOfHot posted...
APHughes posted...
I have around 50 or so VC games and now Nintendo is asking me to pay $1 per game to play them on the Wii U? I have quite a few XBLA games too and if Xbox asked me to do the same, I would probably stop playing the 360.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of money to pay for the transfer but it is BS that Nintendo is nickel and diming its most hardcore fans. Shouldn't Nintendo give an incentive to the people who bought the Wii U early? And before anyone cries foul at my post, I bought a Virtual Boy Day 1.

I didn't have an active internet connection on my 360 elite so it did not allow me to play my hundreds of dollars worth of games, because it couldn't verify it despite me owning all the licenses to play them. Thats why I perma quit 360, and sold it.

This is not the same thing. You don't have to upgrade, you can wait 5 seconds and continue to play it as is for the price you paid for it on the Wii menu. No big deal. Not to mention we are getting 10 games for thirty cents each, so stop complaining.

It takes far longer than 5 seconds to boot a game off an SD card in Wii mode. Most everyone expected this standard feature to be free and are disappointed with Nintendo charging for something Sony does not. And if you're like me, you bought two controllers in preparation for the updated VC.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99
#154R_O_B_SentryPosted 1/23/2013 3:12:55 PM
^Some people can't see that there is very little reason to 'upgrade'. You're paying only for added external features to the game, like using the pad and stuff... The game itself is not going to change.

It's like, you bought fries, do you want ketchup?

@Baha. What's troubling you in Wii mode buddy?
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#155DemonDog666Posted 1/23/2013 3:13:30 PM
PrinceOfHot posted...
I didn't have an active internet connection on my 360 elite so it did not allow me to play my hundreds of dollars worth of games, because it couldn't verify it despite me owning all the licenses to play them. Thats why I perma quit 360, and sold it.

This is not the same thing. You don't have to upgrade, you can wait 5 seconds and continue to play it as is for the price you paid for it on the Wii menu. No big deal. Not to mention we are getting 10 games for thirty cents each, so stop complaining.

I have to ask, how did you download xbl games without an active internet connection lol
#156Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 3:16:07 PM
@ROB If you want a simple answer it's this, I was expecting to be able to play my Wii VC games on the Wii U for free when they got around fixing the issues and revamping the acount system.

I was not expecting to be charged a dollar or more per game.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#157R_O_B_SentryPosted 1/23/2013 3:17:31 PM
I'm slowly beginning to recognise your point...
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#158APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 3:19:16 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
If you have over 50 VC games, then you must have money, so what's the problem?

And let's not forget that Nintendo is working on speeding up OS load times, so people complaining about having to wait for the Wii mode to boot don't have that as an argument anymore.

I don't want to be nickeled and dimed. When I bought Street Fighter and found out about on disc DLC or having to pay to change my characters clothing color, it pissed me off.

This isn't just about Nintendo, this is about companies thinking they can nickel and dime consumers. It sucks and it doesn't provide for a loyal fanbase.
---
#159Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 3:19:37 PM
R_O_B_Sentry posted...
I'm slowly beginning to recognise your point...

Yeah because think about it, pretty much all current VC from all systems are just digital copies. If the Wii U is going to be able to detect what VC you bought to lower the price to a dollar then why isn't it free? It's not like say I bought OoT on the N64 so I expect all copies to be free.
---
#160APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 3:21:27 PM
Baha05 posted...
@ROB If you want a simple answer it's this, I was expecting to be able to play my Wii VC games on the Wii U for free when they got around fixing the issues and revamping the acount system.

I was not expecting to be charged a dollar or more per game.

Same thing for me. Nintendo even said they would give us this functionality but they failed to tell us about the added costs.
---