The VC fee is BS

#161Ambassador_KongPosted 1/23/2013 3:23:09 PM
freezeman posted...
Then don't pay and play them on the wii mode.

---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#162R_O_B_SentryPosted 1/23/2013 3:29:51 PM
I see where you guys are coming from. You expected some form of enhancement right at the very beginning before you even made the transfer...

And you're now disappointed, because you are actually forced to play this on Wii mode which realistically means the transfer from Wii to Wii U was an illusion and you didn't get the Wii U benefits- You're forced to playing this on yet another Wii in that sense.

However, someone mentioned you get an extra copy to the game?

@darkjedilink- If you are still here can you please answer my question. Do you get another copy of the same game if you pay the 'lower price'?
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#163DiscostewSMPosted 1/23/2013 3:31:24 PM
Come on people. You bought a "Wii" game, not a "Wii U" game. Be grateful they give you the ability to transfer it to your Wii U for free and not require an internet connection to play them in the first place.

I'll agree that the fee is highway robbery on the day Nintendo announces Wii games using Wii U functionality for free.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#164metroid00700Posted 1/23/2013 3:33:29 PM
R_O_B_Sentry posted...
I see where you guys are coming from. You expected some form of enhancement right at the very beginning before you even made the transfer...

And you're now disappointed, because you are actually forced to play this on Wii mode which realistically means the transfer from Wii to Wii U was an illusion and you didn't get the Wii U benefits- You're forced to playing this on yet another Wii in that sense.

@darkjedilink- If you are still here can you please answer my question. Do you get another copy of the same game if you pay the 'lower price'?

You get a version on Wii U and still have it in Wii mode is the general consensus. But, at that point, having it in Wii mode is entirely pointless, so it makes the whole second version stupid because you can't play both at the same time. Also, the upgrade is barebones and is hardly worth paying for.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99
#165APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 3:35:31 PM
R_O_B_Sentry posted...

^^^Someone who is making sense^^^
He sees our point, disagrees, doesn't think we are idiots.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#166DiscostewSMPosted 1/23/2013 3:36:50 PM
metroid00700 posted...
R_O_B_Sentry posted...

You get a version on Wii U and still have it in Wii mode is the general consensus. But, at that point, having it in Wii mode is entirely pointless, so it makes the whole second version stupid because you can't play both at the same time. Also, the upgrade is barebones and is hardly worth paying for.

Well, you can clear them from the Wii-only memory if you have the Wii U copy, so other games that couldn't fit on the 512MB chip could be put on there instead. I think Nintendo doesn't want to simply "remove" them from their Wii Shop database.
---
#167R_O_B_SentryPosted 1/23/2013 3:40:06 PM(edited)
If anyone has commonsense here you should understand and realise their argument has as much commonsense as yours. When they transferred it said Wii to Wii U transfer. Nintendo should have made it so that they transfer to the realistic Wii U.

But instead it is now stuck in Wii mode, they didn't expect that and now there is no going back. Nintendo is now asking for them to pay if they want it totally shifted out of the Wii mode.

You should realise that people were expecting benefits from the transfer in the first place.
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#168APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 3:38:36 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Come on people. You bought a "Wii" game, not a "Wii U" game. Be grateful they give you the ability to transfer it to your Wii U for free and not require an internet connection to play them in the first place.

I'll agree that the fee is highway robbery on the day Nintendo announces Wii games using Wii U functionality for free.

If Nintendo did not give me the ability to play Wii games on the Wii U I would not have bought the Wii U. I have quite a few games I am still playing through (Xenoblade, Zelda TP second playthrough, etc) and I would have seen the Wii U as a useless upgrade at this time.

the rest of ND today made me excited and hopeful for the future of the Wii U but the VC thing really made me pissed.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#169DiscostewSMPosted 1/23/2013 3:43:12 PM
APHughes posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

If Nintendo did not give me the ability to play Wii games on the Wii U I would not have bought the Wii U. I have quite a few games I am still playing through (Xenoblade, Zelda TP second playthrough, etc) and I would have seen the Wii U as a useless upgrade at this time.

the rest of ND today made me excited and hopeful for the future of the Wii U but the VC thing really made me pissed.

I should have been specific. A "digital" Wii game rather than simply a Wii game, as Nintendo has had the routine of keeping backwards compatibility, which they had offered with the Wii U with all Wii titles, including VC.
---
#170cucumberkingPosted 1/23/2013 3:47:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]