The VC fee is BS

#21NewbiusPosted 1/23/2013 10:12:09 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
freezeman posted...
Then don't pay and play them on the wii mode.
#22darkqueenhelbaPosted 1/23/2013 10:12:20 AM
Play on Wii mode? It's not that hard. What's the big deal? Don't want to pay an extra dollar then play it on Wii mode. Are people so lazy that pressing a single button is now a chore to them? Great gods this world has become pathetic....I'm surprised lazy slugs like this weren't weeded out from natural selection back in the pioneer days and prior.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#23AhnoldDoodPosted 1/23/2013 10:12:38 AM
APHughes posted...
When the Wii U launched it should have easily transfered over all your VC titles and given you the ability to play them on the GamePad.

Technology doesn't work that way. AT ALL. They have to manually patch the VC games to work with the GamePad, GamePad support is NOT AN AUTOMATIC FEATURE.
#24wingo84Posted 1/23/2013 10:12:58 AM
APHughes posted...
Lets say the next Xbox forces you to pay $1 in order to transfer the games over to play them on the new one with a small new feature. I believe most people, myself included, would be outraged by this. This feels like a cash grab to me. Nintendo should give have had this feature on the Wii and it should be free on the Wii U.

You can still play your games in Wii mode. No transfer fee.

You still get to play the version of the game you paid your money for on the new console.

If you hate it that much just pretend the Wii U VC doesnt exist. No one is forcing you to buy them again. If you want to play them on the Gamepad so badly, well thats your problem. That option didnt exist when you first got the games.
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#25NeojianXPosted 1/23/2013 10:14:21 AM
The Funny thing is that the Companyboys will be whining right here on Gamefaqs for the fail of that non Gamer decision. Nintendo is getting so Sony Phony without Movie and TV show studios to fall back on; like those asses.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#26APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 10:15:49 AM
darkjedilink posted...
APHughes posted...
Lets say the next Xbox forces you to pay $1 in order to transfer the games over to play them on the new one with a small new feature. I believe most people, myself included, would be outraged by this. This feels like a cash grab to me. Nintendo should give have had this feature on the Wii and it should be free on the Wii U.

You can transfer them for free, so you aren't paying for a transfer. Stop pretending you are. You're paying for a second copy of a game you already have with enhanced features. There's a difference.

Also, you haven't explained why the work necessary to change the game to add in these features should be done for free. Until then, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Simple, If you bought Super Mario for the Wii it cost $5. If you bought it for the 3DS, it cost $5. The 3DS version has more features but if you want to play it on the Wii U it costs you $6? Do you really think it should cost $1 more for the same features?

At the end of the day, I am an adult and I can easily pay for upgrading all my games. Since moving all my VC files over, I haven't played the VC because it is inconvenient to launch Wii Mode and play them that way. I had been waiting for this feature and now Nintendo is telling me I can't play all my games with this feature AND it will cost me $1 per game?

Seriously, if Sony or MS did this it would be criminal but because it is Nintendo it is ok?
---
http://www.section86.com/
#27NeojianXPosted 1/23/2013 10:17:23 AM
freezeman posted...
Then don't pay and play them on the wii mode.

Companyboys that post like this, will be the cry us a river when your crap fails posters.

Ha ha ha ha! Mwaaa ha ha ha ha! You will be violated with no sells, girly man. XD
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#28GloryChaosPosted 1/23/2013 10:18:32 AM
Economic Rule 101: The only ones who are worth listening to are those who are both willing and able.

Despite the fact that I agree with you, Nintendo will not hear your complaints. But you have some things to consider. Your 50 or so games won't be available for the WiiU VC for quite some time. Expect the games to come at a slow trickle, which they will, and that you'll probably pay 1 dollar every month or so. That doesn't sound like a bad deal at all for this.

However, the principle of the matter is still that you have to rebuy games you already own. And in your case, that's a lot of games. It's...annoying.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#29darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 10:20:26 AM
GloryChaos posted...
However, the principle of the matter is still that you have to rebuy games you already own. And in your case, that's a lot of games. It's...annoying.

No, you don't. You're buying a second copy of games you already own, with new features, for a fifth of their normal price.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#30AhnoldDoodPosted 1/23/2013 10:20:29 AM
APHughes posted...
Simple, If you bought Super Mario for the Wii it cost $5. If you bought it for the 3DS, it cost $5. The 3DS version has more features

No, not really.

but if you want to play it on the Wii U it costs you $6? Do you really think it should cost $1 more for the same features?

Remember when I can play my 3DS games on the GamePad? Oh wait.

Since moving all my VC files over, I haven't played the VC because it is inconvenient to launch Wii Mode and play them that way.

So you're crying about something that you WON'T EVEN USE?