The VC fee is BS

#201MelkacPosted 1/23/2013 5:40:10 PM
APHughes posted...
Saying you shouldn't pay for a feature that should have been included in the first place is a dumb argument. It is people like you that make me ashamed to say I am a Nintendo fan.

Aren't they asking, like, $1 for the games if you already have them on Wii's VC?

What, you don't have a dollar? You should be more kind to your mommy.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#202GEKGanonPosted 1/23/2013 5:43:38 PM
When people have a library of digital games, they want it to all be in the same place. So, imagine now there's a some new games you want to buy on the Wii U VC. Now, unless you paid for the Wii U upgrade, you have digital Nintendo library segregated. Some of the games you you play on the Wii U VC, others you have to put the console in Wii mode. It's just sloppy. You shouldn't have to pay extra for a seamless integration of your content into the new hardware/OS that you paid for.

The "seamless integration" you are referring to adds new features. They are charging for the new features.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#203metroid00700Posted 1/23/2013 5:44:37 PM
lp913 posted...
APHughes posted...
If they added online support for Mario Kart 64, I would pay $2 for that because it would take them time to rework the game and have servers to play it online. Adding the ability to play it on the GamePad is not a huge undertaking for them. And Save States are super easy to do.

But you failed to mentioned Miiverse communities, which is an ONLINE feature. Regardless of what you think of that service, it doesn't change the fact that online support (whether it was asked for or not) has been done for Nintendo to justify the VC charge. By your own logic, it actually makes complete sense.

Besides, not every PSN/XBL game has integrated online multiplayer, but it does have other internet enable features that makes those games compatible with those said services. Congratulations, you actually just defended the reason for Nintendo TO charge for Wii U VC, it really is a LOT to add for just that extra $1-1.50!

Miiverse is NOT integrated online multiplayer. Its the equivelent of Nintendo making a forum to talk about the specific games. They're not modding the games so every time you die it'll bombard you with Miiverse posts and have you write your own. It isn't worth anything and the amount of space it'd take up would be equal to what the amount of space the Nintendo Channel description took up.
Anyways, I still think this is BS, however someone mentioned all of the games will have cloud saving. If this is true, the price is not completely justified but at least then, Nintendo will have added a feature that requires storage space and (IMO) an awesome feature. My Wii fried in '08 and I lost saves from about 20 games. I could almost justify this personally if I paid $1 to guarantee all of my saves would be safe.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99
#204APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:46:20 PM
Melkac posted...
APHughes posted...
Saying you shouldn't pay for a feature that should have been included in the first place is a dumb argument. It is people like you that make me ashamed to say I am a Nintendo fan.

Aren't they asking, like, $1 for the games if you already have them on Wii's VC?

What, you don't have a dollar? You should be more kind to your mommy.

First off, I make more money than you. Secondly, I am sure you only read one section of this argument because otherwise you would know that I am an adult and I can very, very easily pay the $50 to rebuy all my games.

My argument is that this small feature should have been in there from the start of the Wii U's life cycle. My Wii U is now collecting dust but if I had the ability to play VC games on my GamePad then I would play it alot more than I do now. However, this feature will cost me another $1+ per game? On the Nintendo 7 will they will make us pay to transfer it?

This is Nickel and Diming. It is not right.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#205R_O_B_SentryPosted 1/23/2013 5:56:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#206DifferentialEquationPosted 1/23/2013 5:57:38 PM
GEKGanon posted...
When people have a library of digital games, they want it to all be in the same place. So, imagine now there's a some new games you want to buy on the Wii U VC. Now, unless you paid for the Wii U upgrade, you have digital Nintendo library segregated. Some of the games you you play on the Wii U VC, others you have to put the console in Wii mode. It's just sloppy. You shouldn't have to pay extra for a seamless integration of your content into the new hardware/OS that you paid for.

The "seamless integration" you are referring to adds new features. They are charging for the new features.

What are these new features? Playing on the gamepad doesn't count. I don't know exactly what this Miiverse functionality is that people are talking about, but I'm guessing that it's basically just a message board.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#207APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:08:52 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
GEKGanon posted...

What are these new features? Playing on the gamepad doesn't count. I don't know exactly what this Miiverse functionality is that people are talking about, but I'm guessing that it's basically just a message board.

GamePad play = should have been in the Wii U Day 1
Customizable Controls = should have been in the Wii from day 1
Miiverse = don't really care for it, nice addition, not worth $1.50

Did I miss any new "features"?
---
http://www.section86.com/
#208abort_missionPosted 1/23/2013 6:10:15 PM
these arent new features being adding to these games. these are new features being added to these games. they are new features being added to the emulator that plays these games. there is a huge difference. you should under no circumstance be charged for every game you own.

of course you shouldnt be charged at all. no other digital download service does this. its this type of shenanigans that have some people scared away from digital download services. quite frankly at this point im starting to wonder if they were right.
---
"I speak horse. He's called Susan, and he wants you to respect his life choices."
#2092wingedangelPosted 1/23/2013 6:10:51 PM
This topic still exists.

Why.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#210abort_missionPosted 1/23/2013 6:11:22 PM
APHughes posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
GEKGanon posted...

GamePad play = should have been in the Wii U Day 1
Customizable Controls = should have been in the Wii from day 1
Miiverse = don't really care for it, nice addition, not worth $1.50

Did I miss any new "features"?

arent they also saying save states? something thats been in all emulators for decades.
---
"I speak horse. He's called Susan, and he wants you to respect his life choices."