The VC fee is BS

#271AaronPHughesPosted 1/24/2013 11:05:51 AM
darkjedilink posted...
AaronPHughes posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Either pay $1 for your games with Nintendo, or $5+ with Sony.

Decisions decisions.

Umm.... nope. You buy the game once on the PSN network, and it can be played on your Vita and PS3 without having to pay extra.

You buy the game once on the Wii VC, you have to pay a fee to get it again on the Wii U VC

I don't own a PS3 or Vita and I probably never will BUT this feature is what Nintendo should have for the Wii,Wii U,3DS. There is no reason I should have to buy Zelda 3 different times.

You don't have to buy Zelda three different times. At most, twice - once for Wii (with FREE transfer to the Wii U), and once on the 3DS.

While I will agree that there's no reason they can't allow you to download the games on the 3DS if you already have them tied to your Wii U, exaggerating just makes you look stupid.

The ability to play it on the Wii U with the Wii U controller costs me $1 and it is a second copy on the system. This is purchasing the game for a third time.
---
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U
#272davekaminskasPosted 1/24/2013 11:06:41 AM
I agree with the fact that this is bs. Nintendo needs to set up user accounts like sony. That way if i buy a game on virtual console it is linked to my account and i should be able to play it on my wii, wii u, and 3ds. Sure, it is only a buck to play the game on the gamepad, but if i want to play punch out on the go i have to pay $5 again. Sonys setup is if i pay for a ps1 game i can play it on the ps3, vita, and psp at no extra charge. I am a huge fan of nintendo and they are still my fav game company, but they really need to take a note from sony and implement games being connected to user accounts.
#273R_O_B_SentryPosted 1/24/2013 11:08:36 AM(edited)
@DiscoStewSM
Still that doesn't mean that there is an emulator individually tweaked for each game.

Every game is bundled with miiverse features and other stuff that is making it heavy in size, but the gamepad functionality is embedded into the Wii U itself. That feature would only have to be made once, all they have to do is just apply it to all games simultaneously.

Plus I don't care about the extra features, just give me compatibility I bought the system for I'll be happy.
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#274darkjedilinkPosted 1/24/2013 11:08:40 AM
AaronPHughes posted...
The ability to play it on the Wii U with the Wii U controller costs me $1 and it is a second copy on the system. This is purchasing the game for a third time.

THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU SAID. You said you had to buy it JUST TO PLAY IT ON WII U.

That is a lie.

Now, to the point you're trying to make HERE, I have some questions.

When you bought the game originally, were you told that when you bought their next console, that console's hardware would be used on VC titles for free?

When you bought the Wii U, were you told that you'd be able to transfer Wii titles and use the Wii U GamePad on them for free?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#275GEKGanonPosted 1/24/2013 11:12:33 AM
I like how all the sudden, everybody knows how Nintendo codes and releases all their virtual console titles. I'm going to throw my hat into the ring on this one. I think Nintendo downloads their own ROMs from internet pirates, then runs the old "SNESticle" emulator.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#276DiscostewSMPosted 1/24/2013 11:14:31 AM
R_O_B_Sentry posted...
@DiscoStewSM
Still that doesn't mean that there is an emulator individually tweaked for each game.

Every game is bundled with miiverse features and other stuff that is making it heavy in size, but the gamepad functionality is embedded into the Wii U itself. That feature would only have to be made once, all they have to do is just apply it to all games simultaneously.

Plus I don't care about the extra features, just give me compatibility I bought the system for I'll be happy.

And you got your compatibility. It's called Wii mode.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#277DemonDog666Posted 1/24/2013 11:15:30 AM
GEKGanon posted...
I like how all the sudden, everybody knows how Nintendo codes and releases all their virtual console titles. I'm going to throw my hat into the ring on this one. I think Nintendo downloads their own ROMs from internet pirates, then runs the old "SNESticle" emulator.

I wouldn't put it past them. It's probably faster to download the emulators off the net then going through Nintendo channels.
#278R_O_B_SentryPosted 1/24/2013 11:17:02 AM(edited)
I quit...

Anger is not healthy anyway, talking to brick walls never solved anything.
---
#279DiscostewSMPosted 1/24/2013 11:16:18 AM
GEKGanon posted...

Because some of us have actually tinkered with VC games, like those that hacked the Wii in the first place and began messing around with injecting ROMs into the emulators.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#280R_O_B_SentryPosted 1/24/2013 11:18:26 AM
+Everyone is going to start about hacking now, well done.
---