The VC fee is BS

#31APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 10:21:48 AM
GloryChaos posted...
Economic Rule 101: The only ones who are worth listening to are those who are both willing and able.

Despite the fact that I agree with you, Nintendo will not hear your complaints. But you have some things to consider. Your 50 or so games won't be available for the WiiU VC for quite some time. Expect the games to come at a slow trickle, which they will, and that you'll probably pay 1 dollar every month or so. That doesn't sound like a bad deal at all for this.

However, the principle of the matter is still that you have to rebuy games you already own. And in your case, that's a lot of games. It's...annoying.

This is a legit argument that doesn't sound like it comes from a 12 year old. I wish more people on this board spoke like this.

You are right that $1 or so a month wont sound like much but in the grand scheme of things, I don't think I should have to wait until Feb 2014 before Nintendo releases a patch to play Chrono Trigger on the GamePad.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#32AhnoldDoodPosted 1/23/2013 10:23:22 AM
APHughes posted...
I don't think I should have to wait until Feb 2014 before Nintendo releases a patch to play Chrono Trigger on the GamePad.

Too bad technology doesn't work the way you want it to. Sorry, kid, Nintendo can't sprinkle magic pixie dust on your Chrono Trigger and magically allow it to play on something it wasn't built for. They have to actually manually WORK for that.
#33darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 10:24:01 AM
APHughes posted...
Simple, If you bought Super Mario for the Wii it cost $5. If you bought it for the 3DS, it cost $5. The 3DS version has more features but if you want to play it on the Wii U it costs you $6?

How does it cost six bucks to play a game I already bought on the Wii U? If I already bought it, that five dollars doesn't come into play.

I can play it on the Wii U FOR FREE. I know this, because I've been playing all of my VC titles on my Wii U since they launched the transfer tool. However, if I want a second copy of my NES VC titles on my Wii U that includes cloud saves, GamePad functionality, MiiVerse integration and (apparently) customizable controls, I can buy that second copy for $1.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#34APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 10:25:43 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
APHughes posted...
Simple, If you bought Super Mario for the Wii it cost $5. If you bought it for the 3DS, it cost $5. The 3DS version has more features

No, not really.

but if you want to play it on the Wii U it costs you $6? Do you really think it should cost $1 more for the same features?

Remember when I can play my 3DS games on the GamePad? Oh wait.

Since moving all my VC files over, I haven't played the VC because it is inconvenient to launch Wii Mode and play them that way.

So you're crying about something that you WON'T EVEN USE?

You didn't give any arguments for any of those complainants. I stated I haven't used the VC because I was waiting to play it on my GamePad and The 3DS is portable and has a separate screen just like the GamePad. As far as CRYING over something I wont even use, I would use it. I played NSMBU exclusively on the GamePad while my wife watched TV.

What does the Wii U mode add that the 3DS doesn't have? Miiverse? who cares about Miiverse. If it had online play THEN I would say that $1 is worth it but I doubt Nintendo will get with the times and add that.
---
#35APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 10:27:26 AM
darkjedilink posted...
APHughes posted...
Simple, If you bought Super Mario for the Wii it cost $5. If you bought it for the 3DS, it cost $5. The 3DS version has more features but if you want to play it on the Wii U it costs you $6?

How does it cost six bucks to play a game I already bought on the Wii U? If I already bought it, that five dollars doesn't come into play.

I can play it on the Wii U FOR FREE. I know this, because I've been playing all of my VC titles on my Wii U since they launched the transfer tool. However, if I want a second copy of my NES VC titles on my Wii U that includes cloud saves, GamePad functionality, MiiVerse integration and (apparently) customizable controls, I can buy that second copy for $1.

Do you have a link for cloud saves confirmation? I would be very interested in this and it would make me a little less pissed off about the fee.
---
#36tizzywilkillyouPosted 1/23/2013 10:31:52 AM
APHughes posted...
GloryChaos posted...
Economic Rule 101: The only ones who are worth listening to are those who are both willing and able.

Despite the fact that I agree with you, Nintendo will not hear your complaints. But you have some things to consider. Your 50 or so games won't be available for the WiiU VC for quite some time. Expect the games to come at a slow trickle, which they will, and that you'll probably pay 1 dollar every month or so. That doesn't sound like a bad deal at all for this.

However, the principle of the matter is still that you have to rebuy games you already own. And in your case, that's a lot of games. It's...annoying.

This is a legit argument that doesn't sound like it comes from a 12 year old. I wish more people on this board spoke like this.

You are right that $1 or so a month wont sound like much but in the grand scheme of things, I don't think I should have to wait until Feb 2014 before Nintendo releases a patch to play Chrono Trigger on the GamePad.

So the argument is legit if it agrees with you, but must be from a 12 year old if it doesn't.

That sounds like the logic of.... a 12 year old. o_O
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#37KAMMYqueenPosted 1/23/2013 10:33:00 AM
i have alot of vc games too but i'm only rebuying the ones i think will be cool on the gamepad
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#382wingedangelPosted 1/23/2013 10:34:13 AM
I think the extra $1 is to play it exclusively on the Gamepad. Not too big of a change, but I think it's worth it.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#39APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 10:36:04 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
APHughes posted...
GloryChaos posted...

So the argument is legit if it agrees with you, but must be from a 12 year old if it doesn't.

He explained it in a better way. If you had someone just tell you that you are stupid for complaining then you sound immature. He says it doesnt sound like a bad deal.

Once you graduate high school and get out into the real world, you will learn that telling a boss, customer, spouse that their argument is stupid wont get you very far.
---
#40tizzywilkillyouPosted 1/23/2013 10:57:59 AM
APHughes posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...
APHughes posted...
GloryChaos posted...

He explained it in a better way. If you had someone just tell you that you are stupid for complaining then you sound immature. He says it doesnt sound like a bad deal.

Once you graduate high school and get out into the real world, you will learn that telling a boss, customer, spouse that their argument is stupid wont get you very far.

Nice try. Multiple people have already explained why your argument is stupid.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050