The VC fee is BS

#41glyde69Posted 1/23/2013 10:03:44 AM
Mattatron42 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
freezeman posted...
Then don't pay and play them on the wii mode.

This, I also have plenty of vc games and if I want save states and off screen play then I will pay the dollar. Until then my vc games will stay on my wii and I will only get games I don't have on the UVC.

I have 50 or so VC games. I transferred to the Wii U, but have yet to play any. I can't save if I don't upgrade???
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#42darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 10:06:40 AM
glyde69 posted...
Mattatron42 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
freezeman posted...
Then don't pay and play them on the wii mode.

This, I also have plenty of vc games and if I want save states and off screen play then I will pay the dollar. Until then my vc games will stay on my wii and I will only get games I don't have on the UVC.

I have 50 or so VC games. I transferred to the Wii U, but have yet to play any. I can't save if I don't upgrade???

You can save games that offer saves. However, they offer cloud saving for the Wii U VC titles.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#43APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 10:12:32 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
APHughes posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...
APHughes posted...
GloryChaos posted...
Economic Rule 101: The only ones who are worth listening to are those who are both willing and able.

Despite the fact that I agree with you, Nintendo will not hear your complaints. But you have some things to consider. Your 50 or so games won't be available for the WiiU VC for quite some time. Expect the games to come at a slow trickle, which they will, and that you'll probably pay 1 dollar every month or so. That doesn't sound like a bad deal at all for this.

However, the principle of the matter is still that you have to rebuy games you already own. And in your case, that's a lot of games. It's...annoying.

This is a legit argument that doesn't sound like it comes from a 12 year old. I wish more people on this board spoke like this.

You are right that $1 or so a month wont sound like much but in the grand scheme of things, I don't think I should have to wait until Feb 2014 before Nintendo releases a patch to play Chrono Trigger on the GamePad.

So the argument is legit if it agrees with you, but must be from a 12 year old if it doesn't.

That sounds like the logic of.... a 12 year old. o_O

He explained it in a better way. If you had someone just tell you that you are stupid for complaining then you sound immature. He says it doesnt sound like a bad deal.

Once you graduate high school and get out into the real world, you will learn that telling a boss, customer, spouse that their argument is stupid wont get you very far.

Nice try. Multiple people have already explained why your argument is stupid.

Once again, if Sony or MS charged you to add a couple small features when you transferred your games from this system to the next one, you would say they suck. When Nintendo does it, its ok. Nintendo fanboys are worse than Apple fanboys.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#44Maxx_the_SlashPosted 1/23/2013 10:13:44 AM
Wait, can someone explain this $1 transfer fee thing to me? How do I do it?

I don't mind paying a dollar to do the transfer (because I can't transfer my Wii data over to my Wii U because of an error I keep getting), so paying 1 dollar sure as hell beats paying 5-8 dollars for each of my 40-50 games to get them all over again.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#45NeojianXPosted 1/23/2013 10:13:45 AM
GloryChaos
Posted 1/23/2013 11:18:32 AM
message detail

Economic Rule 101: The only ones who are worth listening to are those who are both willing and able.

To take your money? Well that is everyone and this is bull. Like the Businessman in Persona 3 for the Devil Persona. Ha ha ha ha! : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#46darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 10:15:43 AM
APHughes posted...
Once again, if Sony or MS charged you to add a couple small features when you transferred your games from this system to the next one, you would say they suck. When Nintendo does it, its ok. Nintendo fanboys are worse than Apple fanboys.

Actually, it depends - would you be able to transfer the game you already own to the new console for free WITHOUT those extra features, and you only had to pay a nominal charge to get those extra features packed into a second complete copy of the game? Then, no, I wouldn't have a problem with Sony or MS doing this.

However, since they DON'T have a track record of doing this, and actually have a track record of REMOVING features you paid for and/or not supporting features they advertised as they advertised it (backwards compatibility, Move, OtherOS, etc.) I doubt this would ever be the case.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#47darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 10:20:39 AM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

I don't mind paying a dollar to do the transfer (because I can't transfer my Wii data over to my Wii U because of an error I keep getting), so paying 1 dollar sure as hell beats paying 5-8 dollars for each of my 40-50 games to get them all over again.

Okay, here's the deal - you aren't paying for a transfer.

What's happening is Nintendo is launching the Virtual Console on Wii U. VC games are going to be the same price as they are on the Wii. However, if you've already transferred games from the Wii to your Wii U, you can get a second copy of the game with Miiverse functionality, GamePad functionality and cloud saving for a dollar. If you have not already transferred the games to your Wii U, you need to pay full price to get a second copy on the Wii U with these features.
---
#48Maxx_the_SlashPosted 1/23/2013 10:26:41 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

What's happening is Nintendo is launching the Virtual Console on Wii U. VC games are going to be the same price as they are on the Wii. However, if you've already transferred games from the Wii to your Wii U, you can get a second copy of the game with Miiverse functionality, GamePad functionality and cloud saving for a dollar. If you have not already transferred the games to your Wii U, you need to pay full price to get a second copy on the Wii U with these features.

Those ****ers! I can't even do that transfer. "An error occurred while accessing Wii system memory. Refer to the Wii Operations manual for details." No one will ****ing tell me how to fix the damn error.

Both my original Wii and my Wii U are linked to my Club Nintendo account and Club Nintendo keeps track of everything I downloaded on the Wii. Why wont they let me download my stuff all over again through Club Nintendo?
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#49BirdGasPosted 1/23/2013 10:26:51 AM
All I know is that, especially for NES games, I'm more than happy enough to pay a dollar simply to change the BUTTON layout. A and B are doable, by Y and B are where it's at. Also, CCP support has my interest hardcore, I love the way that thing feels.
---
HA! I kill me!
Nintendo Network ID - ALinkToTheSack
#50darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 10:27:26 AM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

Those ****ers! I can't even do that transfer. "An error occurred while accessing Wii system memory. Refer to the Wii Operations manual for details." No one will ****ing tell me how to fix the damn error.

Both my original Wii and my Wii U are linked to my Club Nintendo account and Club Nintendo keeps track of everything I downloaded on the Wii. Why wont they let me download my stuff all over again through Club Nintendo?

Have you tried calling Nintendo Support? You may have to send your Wii in.
---