The VC fee is BS

#421Baha05Posted 1/24/2013 8:27:01 PM
darkjedilink posted...
If you didn't keep them on the Wii, you BY DEFINITION aren't playing on the Wii.

Stop lying.

If I didn't keep them on the Wii then it means I transferred them to the Wii U, only to be playing them in Wii Mode again making the transfer pointless as hell.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#422DemonDog666Posted 1/24/2013 8:28:10 PM
diggyfresh posted...
I think the fee is fair. If they charged any more, like $10-20 then I'd feel ripped off. But paying a buck to transfer my VC titles is reasonable. You can't expect something for nothing. If you do, welcome to the real world.

So buying the digital copy on wii, buying a wiiU and tranfering the digital copy is now nothing.
#423abort_missionPosted 1/24/2013 8:38:36 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Baha05 posted...
Crimson10Blades posted...
Or, you can sell your Wii after the transfer, get some eshop cards, pay for the transfers, and stop whining. Besides, you get new features for the transfer.

Or they can off them to be free since no other system so far has you enter an emulator mode of the previous system to play games and charge you to basically transfer them over to the new OS,

Or you can go and pirate because you're unsatisfied with how Nintendo handles things, and get your stuff free because you feel you're entitled to it.

Valve added many upgrades to the Steam application. I expect the software I paid for years ago to still be accessible under the latest version of Steam (which it is, because Valve is run by competent people). I'm so entitled.

the funny thing is Nintendo actually borrowed a lot of features from Valve for the Wii U. so theres really no excuse for them pulling a crazy stunt like this. they've seen how it should be done and still chose to do it wrong when it comes to online and digital downloads.
---
"I speak horse. He's called Susan, and he wants you to respect his life choices."
#424metroid00700Posted 1/24/2013 8:39:03 PM
Baha05 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
If you didn't keep them on the Wii, you BY DEFINITION aren't playing on the Wii.

Stop lying.

If I didn't keep them on the Wii then it means I transferred them to the Wii U, only to be playing them in Wii Mode again making the transfer pointless as hell.

I'd stop arguing with him. He has yet to comment on anything pertaining to the fact that Valve/Sony/GOG do this for free and provide any good insight on how Nintendo is justified charging for this given that.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99
#425DiscostewSMPosted 1/24/2013 8:42:54 PM
metroid00700 posted...
Baha05 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Stop lying.

I'd stop arguing with him. He has yet to comment on anything pertaining to the fact that Valve/Sony/GOG do this for free and provide any good insight on how Nintendo is justified charging for this given that.

Probably because Nintendo is not Valve/Sony/GOG/etc. Nintendo does some things for free that other companies charge for, and those companies do things for free that Nintendo charges for.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#426diggyfreshPosted 1/24/2013 8:44:07 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
diggyfresh posted...
I think the fee is fair. If they charged any more, like $10-20 then I'd feel ripped off. But paying a buck to transfer my VC titles is reasonable. You can't expect something for nothing. If you do, welcome to the real world.

So buying the digital copy on wii, buying a wiiU and tranfering the digital copy is now nothing.

It's nothing. And it's courtesy of Nintendo to transfer VC titles to the Wii U. They could have left that BC out entirely.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#427metroid00700Posted 1/24/2013 8:47:53 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
metroid00700 posted...
Baha05 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Stop lying.

Probably because Nintendo is not Valve/Sony/GOG/etc. Nintendo does some things for free that other companies charge for, and those companies do things for free that Nintendo charges for.

Name one thing Nintendo provides for free that Valve and GOG do not. I do agree with you, however, that Nintendo is CERTAINLY not the modern Valve/Sony/GOG. Nintendo's DD service is equal to other services in 2008.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99
#428diggyfreshPosted 1/24/2013 8:52:33 PM
metroid00700 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
metroid00700 posted...
Baha05 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Stop lying.

Name one thing Nintendo provides for free that Valve and GOG do not. I do agree with you, however, that Nintendo is CERTAINLY not the modern Valve/Sony/GOG. Nintendo's DD service is equal to other services in 2008.

What exactly is it that those companies do for free?
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#429APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:53:51 PM
diggyfresh posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
diggyfresh posted...

It's nothing. And it's courtesy of Nintendo to transfer VC titles to the Wii U. They could have left that BC out entirely.

If they would have left out BC I wouldn't have bought the Wii U. I never expected it for the SNES or N64 but we are in the digital age now. Their approach to this is backwards. Imagine if all your Songs were tied to one iPod or all your movies were tied to one DVD player.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#430DifferentialEquationPosted 1/24/2013 8:56:50 PM(edited)
diggyfresh posted...

What exactly is it that those companies do for free?

Sony: You buy a psone game throgh your PSN account and you can play it on your PSP, Vita and PS3 without paying extra.

Vavle: Every single Steam game has game hub which you can access for free (lol @ people thinking a message board justifies the extra price Nintendo is asking) and cloud saves are free (I don't know if every game has them since I don't use them, but they are free).
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.