The VC fee is BS

#461darkjedilinkPosted 1/25/2013 5:46:20 AM
diggyfresh posted...
Demon_Kiwi posted...
diggyfresh posted...
Demon_Kiwi posted...
If you buy a physical copy of a game and then something like a game of the year edition with all the paid dlc comes out for the same price as the version you bought without the dlc are you entitled to that dlc for free? No. Maybe it's because I grew up when digital distribution did not exist but it seems to me I bought a VC game for the Wii and when I bought it I wasn't paying for Wii U functionality or save States or anything like that. Now I can continue to play the game I purchased or I can pay a dollar or a buck and a half to have a "new" version of the game with those features. I fail to see the issue. I still have what I paid for and I even get a discount on those new features. I am not entitled to them and personally would not have cared if they charged full price though I likely wouldn't have bought any titles I already owned. Just like physical distribution if you want the new version buy the new version. I had to pay full price to get The Legend of Zelda on the GBA despite owning it on the Nes. I don't see why I should be entitled to a free version on the Wii u or 3ds just because I bought it on the Wii. Remember that backward functionality is not a right and you are lucky it has it at all.

I would agree with this except that nowadays these companies are getting really sneaky about nickel and diming you for the experience. Like releasing games in threes, getting DLC for each, and then not letting you get the whole story unless you bought the DLC. What's worse is that it was never true "DLC", is was already on the disc and you just paid to "unlock" it.

That's why I want to know why what Nintendo is doing is considered unfair. You should know what you're buying. It seems to me so far that N is being up front about that you get. But other people here seem to disagree.

I agree completely on the points you brought up. On disc dlc is silly and things like those games where its all micro transactions and dlc to get the full game also suck unless the game is stupidly cheap to begin with since you aren't even really getting a complete game. However Nintendo isn't doing that with this. They gave users a way to play the games they bought for free which they really didn't have to do (my snes couldn't play nes games and I didn't complain this is no different) and they are even offering a discount on the new version of these games which again they don't have to do. No one said when you bought a wii that wii games/VC games would work on the next system. Then they made the Wii U and said it would be backward compatible and it is. You can play the games you bought exactly as you bought them, and you didn't buy Wii U gamepad functionality so you can't use it. Simple stuff

Yes, but N could just upgrade Wii VC games with the features for free. It's what other video games companies do. Nintendo is a video game company. So they should not charge for what others do for free.

Nintendo is shaming the industry by using backwards marketing tactics. They have no principles.

Stop being a moron. THEY AREN'T UPGRADING WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES. Nothing going on here TOUCHES Wii VC.

You are DOWNLOADING and INSTALLING ANOTHER COPY, directly to the Wii U. The eShop has NO interaction with Wii Mode whatsoever.

As for "they should not charge for what others do for free," Xbox makes you pay to play online AND throws ads at you, while Sony overcharges for their hardware and peripherals in the first place. Nice hypocrisy there.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#462R_O_B_SentryPosted 1/25/2013 6:20:38 AM(edited)
^darkjedilink. Just don't reply to them anymore. Quit like I did and save a lot of hair. I'm on the opposite side to you, but I am also a human. I feel some are just arguing just for the sake of reaching 500 posts.
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#463IknowKungFuPosted 1/25/2013 7:48:54 AM
Only 37 left to go
---
Go Fist Yourself
#464R_O_B_SentryPosted 1/25/2013 7:57:04 AM
?

All right! let's celebrate!
Come on TC let's dance! To hell with prices of VC games. *Twirls*
---
#465linkumsPosted 1/25/2013 7:57:07 AM
APHughes posted...
Saying you shouldn't pay for a feature that should have been included in the first place is a dumb argument. It is people like you that make me ashamed to say I am a Nintendo fan.

Hey, I agree with you at least. *pats your shoulder.*
---
Latest post: "Let's Play Co-op NES Games"
http://whattheycallgames.blogspot.com/
#466R_O_B_SentryPosted 1/25/2013 7:59:39 AM
^No cake for you then!

Instead you get a super download code that let's you download all of Nintendo's money from the bank.
---
#467Dark_Link92Posted 1/25/2013 8:06:42 AM
Honestly, just pay when you want to play them, not all in one go, and it will be fine. I have about 20, but it isn't like at any given time I'll want to play them all again. I finished ALttP last month, so I probably won't want to play it again until at least next year, so that is money I save right there. Chill out- it isn't that bad.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#468GloryChaosPosted 1/25/2013 8:10:59 AM
This was a bad thread. But let us finish it on a peaceful note. Ice Cream for everyone. Of course, I have provided the best Ice Cream flavor only. Rum Raisen.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#469wingo84Posted 1/25/2013 8:11:22 AM
Indy Topic 500
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#470darkjedilinkPosted 1/25/2013 8:12:25 AM
GloryChaos posted...
This was a bad thread. But let us finish it on a peaceful note. Ice Cream for everyone. Of course, I have provided the best Ice Cream flavor only. Rum Raisen.

No Cookies 'n Cream?

Troll!
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie