The VC fee is BS

#51Maxx_the_SlashPosted 1/23/2013 10:35:34 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Have you tried calling Nintendo Support? You may have to send your Wii in.

I know exactly what's going to happen. I'm going to get a Wii back, but it'll have it's memory wiped and I'll lose my games, or I'll get a brand new Wii that loses GameCube functionality AND has none of my downloaded games on it.

And I know I'll be paying out the ass for them to do that anyway, because my Wii is a launch Wii and it's warranty is 5 years past expiration.

Better to just keep my dying Wii (literally dying, it overheats after a half-hour use and crashes constantly because of it), because at least then the 300+ dollars I pumped into my Wii will still stand for something.

Nintendo made the most backwards-as-**** system of transferring data between the Wii and Wii U. They both have USB ports. Why couldn't they release a USB cable that connects both consoles together and let the transferring happen that way?
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#52me1122Posted 1/23/2013 10:37:46 AM
APHughes posted...
Saying you shouldn't pay for a feature that should have been included in the first place is a dumb argument. It is people like you that make me ashamed to say I am a Nintendo fan.

Sony and MS fans are just as bad, even pc gamers. Its more a person by person thing bro.
#53lp913Posted 1/23/2013 10:40:02 AM
freezeman posted...
Then don't pay and play them on the wii mode.

^THIS. EASY!
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#54Rasputin77Posted 1/23/2013 10:44:32 AM
YES!! A thread where AhnoldDood posted "kid", AND "Oh wait". My day is complete. :)
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#55Jinzo 111887Posted 1/23/2013 10:46:07 AM
Let me see if I can explain it better. Think of VC games as hamburgers. Originally, Nintendo's digital service only offered hamburgers, then they started adding other meats (Wii Ware games). Recently, they managed open another location (Wii U consoles) and also got a way to make fries (Wii U's new capabilities). The transfer tool is free and allows you to keep enjoying your hamburger at the new location, they are just asking you if you "want fries (bonus features of the Wii U) with your hamburger?" You don't have to get the fries if you don't want them.
---
At least Nintendo and Good Old Games are treating customers right instead of taking them for granted. They provide light during dark times.
#56RHFPosted 1/23/2013 10:48:11 AM
freezeman posted...

This

If there's no difference in the games, other then being able to play on the bad, I see no reason to be so angry
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
#57lp913Posted 1/23/2013 10:50:29 AM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Have you tried calling Nintendo Support? You may have to send your Wii in.

I know exactly what's going to happen. I'm going to get a Wii back, but it'll have it's memory wiped and I'll lose my games, or I'll get a brand new Wii that loses GameCube functionality AND has none of my downloaded games on it.

And I know I'll be paying out the ass for them to do that anyway, because my Wii is a launch Wii and it's warranty is 5 years past expiration.

Better to just keep my dying Wii (literally dying, it overheats after a half-hour use and crashes constantly because of it), because at least then the 300+ dollars I pumped into my Wii will still stand for something.

Nintendo made the most backwards-as-**** system of transferring data between the Wii and Wii U. They both have USB ports. Why couldn't they release a USB cable that connects both consoles together and let the transferring happen that way?

Why not just go through the process of the repair, making a note that you do want to keep all of your VC data (you won't have to bother redownloading them from the shop if you still move your data to the Wii U since the licences are already in your Shop channel history moved to the one on Wii U) Instead of just losing all of your data altogether?

Hell you still likely to get your GCN compatible Wii back (pack in a special note just to let them KNOW you still want your original hardware - this method WORKS) And you can have the best of both worlds. A fully repaired GCN compatible Wii and all of your downloaded games safely moved to your Wii U from the fully repaired GCN compatible Wii. A win-win despite the repair cost!
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#58NeojianXPosted 1/23/2013 11:31:32 AM(edited)
All the things buyers that rushed out and bought a WiiU , had no clue of. Wow! Ha ha ha ha! Mwaaa ha ha ha!

: )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#59APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:33:59 AM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
Wait, can someone explain this $1 transfer fee thing to me? How do I do it?

I don't mind paying a dollar to do the transfer (because I can't transfer my Wii data over to my Wii U because of an error I keep getting), so paying 1 dollar sure as hell beats paying 5-8 dollars for each of my 40-50 games to get them all over again.

Max, call Nintendo Support and tell ask for a manager. Let him know your situation and ask him to repair it for free. He will say no but then tell him to look at how many VC games you bought and they will repair it for free.

I use to work at Nintendo and I staffed their call center. Every person is entitled to 1 free repair. All you have to do is ask for it. My Wii was broke this summer and they repaired it a second time for free.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#60NeoBahamutX83Posted 1/23/2013 11:34:41 AM
freezeman posted...