The VC fee is BS

#61APHughes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 12:36:23 PM
Jinzo 111887 posted...
Let me see if I can explain it better. Think of VC games as hamburgers. Originally, Nintendo's digital service only offered hamburgers, then they started adding other meats (Wii Ware games). Recently, they managed open another location (Wii U consoles) and also got a way to make fries (Wii U's new capabilities). The transfer tool is free and allows you to keep enjoying your hamburger at the new location, they are just asking you if you "want fries (bonus features of the Wii U) with your hamburger?" You don't have to get the fries if you don't want them.

I think that is a better explanation and it isn't just DONT BUY IT THEN. However, I wouldn't equate the extras to fries. To me, it seems like adding ketchup and mustard. Of course I want Ketchup on my burger but I don't think I should pay the extra for it when a similar service (3DS) is offering it with the inclusion of the burger.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#62OoSubaruoOPosted 1/23/2013 12:38:21 PM
Are people this dense? You're not paying to transfer the games, you're paying to UPGRADE them with Wii U functions.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#63DifferentialEquationPosted 1/23/2013 12:38:33 PM
I think it's ridiculous. Steam added some new features in recent time (big screen mode, game hubs, etc.). I would be pissed if I bought a game years ago, and I had to pay an additional fee to use it in the upgraded and updated Steam or be forced to use it in some sort of "classic Steam mode" with stripped down features. It's bull.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#64darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 12:42:38 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Have you tried calling Nintendo Support? You may have to send your Wii in.

I know exactly what's going to happen. I'm going to get a Wii back, but it'll have it's memory wiped and I'll lose my games, or I'll get a brand new Wii that loses GameCube functionality AND has none of my downloaded games on it.

No, that is not what will happen. They will repair your Wii. If for some reason they cannot, they will transfer your purchase data to a new Wii - with every bit of functionality as the one you sent them - that they send you.

You do not need the actual games on the Wii for transfer to the Wii U, only the purchase history, that they will make sure is on the Wii they send back to you.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#6540DribylfPosted 1/23/2013 12:42:45 PM
The fact you have to pay the price is BS, period.

I never bought any VC title, but if I did, I'd be pissed tbqh.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#66darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 12:43:51 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
I think it's ridiculous. Steam added some new features in recent time (big screen mode, game hubs, etc.). I would be pissed if I bought a game years ago, and I had to pay an additional fee to use it in the upgraded and updated Steam or be forced to use it in some sort of "classic Steam mode" with stripped down features. It's bull.

So, your original copy of CounterStrike got upgraded to CS:Source for free?

No, it didn't.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#67cavebear56Posted 1/23/2013 12:44:47 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
The_Hyphenator posted...
freezeman posted...
Then don't pay and play them on the wii mode.

---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#68Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 12:44:50 PM
darkjedilink posted...

No, it didn't.

Remakes =/= Updates
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#69DifferentialEquationPosted 1/23/2013 12:46:07 PM
darkjedilink posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...

No, it didn't.

So Nintendo is adding in game content when you play it on the Wii U VC?

And playing it on the tablet or being able to remap the controls is not in game content.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#70NeojianXPosted 1/23/2013 12:56:11 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Are people this dense? You're not paying to transfer the games, you're paying to UPGRADE them with Wii U functions.

You are the fool, if you think we believe they will look better. Not worth paying more even if that LIE was true.

Wow! ... and you have no movie and television studios to fall back on. No arcade system experience like Sega had before their fall.

So you Nintendo are going down. Do you really think you can push Your Nintendo IPs like Sega has their IPs on every system, including yours? I doubt that. : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )