The VC fee is BS

#71NeojianXPosted 1/23/2013 12:59:49 PM
Sony made you buy a one use $19.99 adapter to be able to play PS2 games on a PS3. That software could have been on every NA 60gb PS3 already. You could trade it after use.

But Ole Nintendo and it's per game way reminds me of Bleem with the Dreamcast. They went a per game way. But Ironically Sony actually seems to use their Bleem PC way for BC. : )

Nintendo might whine up going down the Bleem way. Ha ha ha! : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#72Kouji_TaminoPosted 1/23/2013 1:01:03 PM
APHughes posted...
Jinzo 111887 posted...
Let me see if I can explain it better. Think of VC games as hamburgers. Originally, Nintendo's digital service only offered hamburgers, then they started adding other meats (Wii Ware games). Recently, they managed open another location (Wii U consoles) and also got a way to make fries (Wii U's new capabilities). The transfer tool is free and allows you to keep enjoying your hamburger at the new location, they are just asking you if you "want fries (bonus features of the Wii U) with your hamburger?" You don't have to get the fries if you don't want them.

I think that is a better explanation and it isn't just DONT BUY IT THEN. However, I wouldn't equate the extras to fries. To me, it seems like adding ketchup and mustard. Of course I want Ketchup on my burger but I don't think I should pay the extra for it when a similar service (3DS) is offering it with the inclusion of the burger.

Here's the difference, though... If you have a game on the Wii Virtual Console? You have to rebuy it for full price on the 3DS eShop. I'd kill for a feature like this on the 3DS.
---
N3DS FC: 4811-7718-3216
#73darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 1:04:39 PM
Baha05 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
So, your original copy of CounterStrike got upgraded to CS:Source for free?

No, it didn't.

Remakes =/= Updates

YOU'RE BUYING A REMAKE!!

Seriously, do you not understand that VC titles need the remake treatment for the Wii U?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#74Faceman_Posted 1/23/2013 1:05:01 PM
APHughes posted...
Saying you shouldn't pay for a feature that should have been included in the first place is a dumb argument. It is people like you that make me ashamed to say I am a Nintendo fan.

Why did it have to be included in the first place? The virtual console was on Wii, there was absolutely no need for it on the Wii U. People like you wanted it on the Wii U JUST so you could play it on the game pad. Well, you got it!
#75Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 1:07:18 PM
darkjedilink posted...
YOU'RE BUYING A REMAKE!!

Seriously, do you not understand that VC titles need the remake treatment for the Wii U?

No you are not, a remake implies that it's being worked from the ground up, all you are doing is buying a patch to update the current VC titles you own.

Big damn difference.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7640DribylfPosted 1/23/2013 1:08:36 PM
YOU'RE BUYING A REMAKE!!

*rolls eyes*

Sony has to custom port each individual PS1 games on the Vita.

You can still download them, for free, if you purchased them previously.

There's no excuse. And Sony is hemorrhaging money.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#77ZodrynPosted 1/23/2013 1:10:07 PM
APHughes posted...
Saying you shouldn't pay for a feature that should have been included in the first place is a dumb argument. It is people like you that make me ashamed to say I am a Nintendo fan.

You already paid for Nintendo's work porting things to the Wii ($250 at a conservative $5 per game for 50 games). Now you are complaining about a $1 charge for further updates on a new platform? Just pay for a few games that you play most often. It really isn't that big of a deal.

The argument is not that you should pay for a feature that should have been there in the first place. You are paying them to port a game to the Wii U, just like you paid them for porting it to the Wii (only this time you only pay $1). Why is that so terrible? If you aren't a programmer who has done that kind of work before, don't just assume it isn't worth $1.
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
#78myusernameislamePosted 1/23/2013 1:12:46 PM
Remember back in 2006 when we bought those VC games expecting to play them on the Wii U Gamepad with save states, Miiverse and remappable controls?

Really, even if you think it should be free, can we at least stop pretending it's something you were promised to get at all in the first place?
---
If you refuse to take your sig from someone else, put this in your sig.
#79XDragonPosted 1/23/2013 1:13:32 PM
Just a quick question, but how is this worse than say, buying a PSP game for the Vita when you already own the UMD?
---
X-Box live: XDragon2688
#80Final Fantasy2389Posted 1/23/2013 1:14:25 PM
The only games I might pay for on Wii U VC is Super Mario RPG and FFIII if those two are offered up for the upgrades.
---
Former WWE Diva & BJJ Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/MMcHX9 | http://bit.ly/KXA8Rg