Transfering VC games is FREE. Fee is only if you want to play on the gamepad

#1Sharky8Posted 1/23/2013 10:01:12 AM
Again, read Nintendo's press release. Read IGN. The small fee is ONLY IF YOU WANT TO UPGRADE YOUR PURCHASE. If all you want to do is transfer a purchase from your Wii to your Wii U, THAT IS FREE.
#2Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 10:04:23 AM
I realize I explained EVERYTHING is the topic title, so there is little reason to open the thread and respond. However, PLEASE, keep this thread bumped so the trolls don't continue to spread misinformation in other threads about the fee.
#3wingo84Posted 1/23/2013 10:05:40 AM
People like to complain about EVERYTHING... crazy people
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#4Banjo2553Posted 1/23/2013 10:06:15 AM
People are still going to whine that you're gonna have to pay anything for additional features.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#5darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 10:08:02 AM
inb4 "If Sony did it, you would QQ!"

inb4response "They've done it since PSN launched, since you have to re-purchase PS1 and PS2 games on PSN in order to get fancy tech extras!"
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#6Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 10:09:24 AM
But that still boils down to paying for an update, so there better be more to it like CN coins or 10% back
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 10:10:06 AM
But, but, but, but I already bought Mario Kart 64 for the N64 back in 1996 why do I have to pay for it AGAIN 16 years later?

Yes, people make some very silly arguments some times. Especially since: I already bought Mario Kart 64 back in 2010 for my Wii Virtual Console now Nintendo is going to transfer it for free to my new Wii U. Cool. Thanks, Nintendo!

Now, if you would like to pay a small fee, you can also play it on your Gamepad for the Wii U. If not, we'll still transfer it for free, but it will be available on the TV only, just like before.
#8Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 10:12:50 AM
But its still a fee for an update for a game you bought and transferred to the new system, it should be free to those buyers. It be better to do that and simple raise the price by a buck on the Wii U vc then charge a buck to get an update
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#9darkjedilinkPosted 1/23/2013 10:16:37 AM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
But its still a fee for an update for a game you bought and transferred to the new system, it should be free to those buyers. It be better to do that and simple raise the price by a buck on the Wii U vc then charge a buck to get an update

Why should the work necessary to add in those features - that you didn't pay for when you bought the VC games on the Wii initially, by the way - be done for free?

Never mind you're actually buying a second copy of the game, not simply an update.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#10AhnoldDoodPosted 1/23/2013 10:16:40 AM(edited)
I dun goofed.