When will the Wii U finally surpass PS3/360 graphics?

#171BlazeFaiaPosted 1/23/2013 11:01:05 PM
breastman0 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
BlazeFaia posted...
You don't need to use a keyboard and mouse. That's the point of Steam Big Picture Mode. Have that open on startup. Problem solved. As for your sales. I've never seen as many console sales as I do PC and as low. Like I said. Every week, brand new sales anywhere from 33% off to 75% off. And it's always at least 7-12 games all week long. And most of the time it's AAA titles. Not just bargain bin and indie stuff.

That's not true, Big Picture mode actually solves very little. What happens when I want to play a game that doesn't support keyboard and mouse like Starcraft II? What happens when I want to browse the internet, or type something using word?

Now even with big picture, you still need a KB/M because many games have their own launchers. So I can launch a game from big picture, but then the game loads a separate launcher (batman, assassin's creed, alpha protocol etc), so then I have to use my KB/M to select start, then pick up my controller again...

You see how impractical this all is. Until there's a UI that allows me to navigate and launch everything using just my controller without the aide of a KB/M, then the problem still exists and consoles remain the easier, cheaper and more practical choice for couch/HDTV gaming.

Steam has excellent sales, I won't argue with you there, but you can't ignore any of the avenues I've already provided for cheap games on consoles. I trade games with my friends all the time, I'm currently playing red dead redemption, no need to pay for it. You can't do that with PC. And there basically is no second hand/trade-in market for the PC.

As someone who's actually used big picture, and actually played Batman using it, you're wrong dude. You select the game using the controller, game starts, you play it, you never have to touch the keyboard or mouse.

Oh cool. Thanks for the info. I actually never tried a game that used a launcher on Big Picture Mode. lol
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#172aiumPosted 1/23/2013 11:08:01 PM
When will the Wii U finally surpass PS3/360 graphics?

when ???

Six years over we saw bullshot cg render and no release date...
http://i.minus.com/ibc6kMRTtDVa7p.gif

And this i think 1-2 years (after Xenoblade ) We can see realtime+gameplay and release date next year
http://www.abload.de/img/amekbv.gif

LOLOLOL
#173VanderZooPosted 1/23/2013 11:11:25 PM
breastman0 posted...
As someone who's actually used big picture, and actually played Batman using it, you're wrong dude. You select the game using the controller, game starts, you play it, you never have to touch the keyboard or mouse.

You're right, I just tried it then and it worked, they must have updated it though because I remember last time it had its own launcher. I tried some other games though and they still have their own launcher (alpha protocol, gta iv/lcs, assassin's creed II).
#174SSJ2Vegeta2298Posted 1/23/2013 11:23:39 PM
^It really does

When will the Wii U be clearly ahead of last gen graphics? Late this year when Nintendo drops the heavy hitters.
---
beLIEve
Nintendo Network ID: SSJ2Vegeta
#175XSilverPhoenixXPosted 1/23/2013 11:33:34 PM
The_Hyphenator posted...
It already has. If you look at games that were built specifically for the system, like Nintendo Land, you can see effects and textures that simply weren't possible on the PS3 or 360, and done at a much higher framerate.

The ports of 360 and PS3 games have been more or less equal, which is where the confusion comes from.

You HAVE to be joking. Nintendo Land is your reference? *facepalm headdesk*
#176BlazeFaiaPosted 1/24/2013 12:44:18 AM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
The_Hyphenator posted...
It already has. If you look at games that were built specifically for the system, like Nintendo Land, you can see effects and textures that simply weren't possible on the PS3 or 360, and done at a much higher framerate.

The ports of 360 and PS3 games have been more or less equal, which is where the confusion comes from.

BlazeFaia posted...
Graphics don't HAVE to be realistic to look amazing. Stylized can look just as good. Like the Nintendo Land example used.

---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://i.imgur.com/tjDSN.png
#177DarthFloatyPosted 1/24/2013 12:56:13 AM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
The_Hyphenator posted...

It's true. Nintendo land has some graphical effects that aren't possible on the PS360. The textures, perhaps some water, the lighting in particular, ect.

Does it look better? To my eye, yes. To some, no. But it does some things the PS360 can't.
#178Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:37:21 AM
Nintendoland does so much that the other games can't do... but nobody has provided any proof of this...
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#179Hawke0Posted 1/24/2013 8:44:53 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
The_Hyphenator posted...

I almost feel ashamed to call myself a Nintendo fan.

Most people reached that point last gen.

Those people are just A) narrow minded or b) too lazy to look for any good games. Instead they just buy Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon while complaining about the lack of third party support. In the meantime, I play those, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2, Conduit 2, Goldeneye, and more, and I'm perfectly happy.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#180DJQuackQuack086Posted 1/24/2013 10:15:25 AM
RHF posted...
DJQuackQuack086 posted...
When the Angels win the pennant.

They already have, 2002

It is from Angels in the Outfield. It was a joke. And now it is dead, by your hands.
---
What the goodness?!