Has Monolith Kept Up With Bethesda?

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/23/2013 1:01:42 PM
Do you think Monolith Soft has made something visually like Bethesda? - Results (366 votes)
Yes
59.29% (217 votes)
No
16.39% (60 votes)
Maybe, I need to see more
24.32% (89 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'd like to make an HD game that will wow the players. I want to show that Japan can still keep up with the USA when it comes next gen technology. Our goal is to become something like the developers of the Fallout series, Bethesda Softworks.

This is Monolith's quote regarding their upcoming game. In your opinion, have they achieved this? Are they close?
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#2ADHDguitarPosted 1/23/2013 1:02:21 PM
Skyrim is fugly, so yes.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3YoyokuKOPosted 1/23/2013 1:05:53 PM
don't compare Monolith to Bethesda.
i know Monolith likes Bethesda, but i don't
#4RHFPosted 1/23/2013 1:06:28 PM
I don't consider Skyrim to be "pretty", but Monolith's X looks better in many ways
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
#5SakurafanboyPosted 1/23/2013 1:10:39 PM
ITT: Nintendo fanboys hate on Skyrim
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#6EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/23/2013 1:11:11 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...

Well it was garbage.

Dark Souls>Skyrim
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls, Trine 2
#7Final Fantasy2389Posted 1/23/2013 1:11:58 PM
Skyrim might be the only Bethesda game I've "liked" even a little bit.

That monolith game looked great.
---
Former WWE Diva & BJJ Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/MMcHX9 | http://bit.ly/KXA8Rg
#8YoyokuKOPosted 1/23/2013 1:12:06 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

Well it was garbage.

Dark Souls>Skyrim

this is true
#9Chocobo115Posted 1/23/2013 1:13:21 PM
I don't know, I wasn't as visually impressed as many here seem to be. But visuals has extremly seldom been important to me so might be that.
I need to know much much more about the game before I can pass a fair judgement.
The biggest question mark for me atm is: Is it a mmo? or a single-player game with mmo end game (like White Knight Chronicles) or a single player game that seems to play like a mmo?
Other aspects that I need to know as well is how story drive then the game is. Now I have not played Xenoblade Chronicles, so can't make any assumptions out of that. or is it more a long chain of sidequests and grinding (like Kingdoms of Amalur)?
So in the end, I know way too little about the game to be able to either declare it the new messiah of jRPGs or just shrug it of as a game simply not for me.
#10westontickleePosted 1/23/2013 1:14:13 PM
Thus new game is gonna suck. It doesn't even look good. The graphics aren't all that. 0/10
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell