Has Monolith Kept Up With Bethesda?

#81AShockCipherPosted 1/26/2013 6:45:27 PM
This new games seems to have co-op, so it's already better than anything from Bethesda in my book.
---
MFW I passed SS
http://aftershockcipher.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d4hajdo
#82Virus66Posted 1/26/2013 7:24:30 PM
See, I liked Oblivion, but hated Skyrim. There are just so many things that Skyrim did wrong that made the series take a step back. So in that light, Monolith has kept up, if not surpassed. That's just my opinion, and it is of course, no more or less wrong than the next persons
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#83P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:49:54 PM
Jag85 posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I'd like to make an HD game that will wow the players. I want to show that Japan can still keep up with the USA when it comes next gen technology. Our goal is to become something like the developers of the Fallout series, Bethesda Softworks.

This is Monolith's quote regarding their upcoming game. In your opinion, have they achieved this? Are they close?

Didn't Monolith already surpass Bethesda with Xenoblade?

This is purely graphical, not gameplay.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#84Jag85Posted 1/26/2013 8:00:00 PM
Jag85 posted...
I'd like to make an HD game that will wow the players. I want to show that Japan can still keep up with the USA when it comes next gen technology. Our goal is to become something like the developers of the Fallout series, Bethesda Softworks.

This is Monolith's quote regarding their upcoming game. In your opinion, have they achieved this? Are they close?

Didn't Monolith already surpass Bethesda with Xenoblade?

This is purely graphical, not gameplay.

Well, in terms of graphics, X definitely looks better than any Bethesda game... so yeah, I think it's safe to say Monolith have gone well beyond just matching Bethesda, but have clearly surpassed them in the graphics department.