Edge: "Nintendo Direct - promises, promises"

#1RayzerTagPosted 1/23/2013 1:28:07 PM(edited)
Saw this thread on NeoGAF, thought you people would be interested.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/nintendo-direct-promises-promises/

Again, this was Nintendo telling its public to wait. “I apologise to those supporting Wii U for the lack of new titles during January and February,” implored Iwata early on in the presentation. “But please understand we will have new titles to offer from March onwards.” It can promise and tease all it wants, but Nintendo’s fiercely loyal fanbase is growing uneasy. Not to mention impatient.

Meanwhile, PC and mobile continue their inexorable rise, and Microsoft and Sony prepare to unveil their next-generation consoles. 2013 could be the year in which the videogame landscape is utterly transformed, more quickly and more viciously than anyone could have forecast. When Nintendo finally delivers the games its fanbase wants, will they still be interested?

So only Nintendo is banking on promises right now, huh? Guess the Xbox 720 and PS4 were released while I wasn't looking.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#2SakurafanboyPosted 1/23/2013 1:27:33 PM
Because March isn't already packed or anything at all.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#3blankempathyPosted 1/23/2013 1:29:51 PM
So basically he says gamers are easily distracted by new shiny things and our tiny little brains will move on because look! new and shiny!
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#4dark trunksPosted 1/23/2013 1:31:50 PM
March really isn't that far away. They make it sound as though people have nothing better to do than sit and stare at their computer screen watching a countdown for the release of games.

There's only one game I'm buying for any console at the start of February, anything else being a mere impulse buy, and that's one PS3. That, and the one game I'm playing on my 3DS will have to keep me going until gone March or later. And I'm perfectly happy with just that.

Patience is a virtue, but it's clear then that people lack the willpower to hang on a little bit longer.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#5LinetrixPosted 1/23/2013 1:32:26 PM
Nintendo is desperate because the Wii U is sinking faster than the Titanic. They have to at least promise some games or else they'd be confessing the Wii U is just an expensive paperweight.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#6JellitoePosted 1/23/2013 1:34:25 PM
Last time I checked, Rayman Legends comes out in March and Monster Hunter Ultimate in March, So as a Wii U owner I am not complaining, there are plenty of games out for the system already.
---
Nintendo ID - Jellitoe
#7DiscostewSMPosted 1/23/2013 1:34:43 PM
blankempathy posted...
So basically he says gamers are easily distracted by new shiny things and our tiny little brains will move on because look! new and shiny!

Oh come on. We aren't so easily.....SQUIRREL!!
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#8spartansbrotherPosted 1/23/2013 1:37:23 PM
Linetrix posted...
Nintendo is desperate because the Wii U is sinking faster than the Titanic. They have to at least promise some games or else they'd be confessing the Wii U is just an expensive paperweight.

bla bla bla dont you have anything better to do? you spend like everyday of your life on here saying the same crap over and over and no one cares. and btw the vita is sinking, not the wii u
---
*wipes brown*
#9pikachupwnagePosted 1/23/2013 1:39:28 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Because March isn't already packed or anything at all.

Lego city, monster hunter, need for speed. Yeah its a good month
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#10blm03vPosted 1/23/2013 1:45:25 PM(edited)
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Opps, nevermind. That only works on Sony devices.