Unsure if I should send my console in for service...

#1TakeshiSkunkPosted 1/23/2013 2:18:37 PM
So, like many people, I had some issues with my Wii U freezing around launch. It was quite bad with Nintendoland until I turned off the foreign miiverse stuff, which seemed to help a lot of people. The console also froze a couple times loading Sonic Racing and NSMBU, and gave me a disc read error maybe once or twice.

I've been fairly paranoid about all that, but in the past month or two I don't seem to have noticed any problems...I had maybe one or two freezes after the system update and that was it. However, I haven't been putting quite as much time on the system as I was right at launch so I'm not really sure what to make of the situation.

Just wondering if I could get some input and opinions from others in similar situations, also people that did have their systems serviced...Do they still freeze up or fail to read a disc once in a blue moon? I probably *should* send it in just for peace of mind, but if there are still slight issues even after repair/replacement it might not actually be an issue.
---
-----
PUNK ISNT DEAD || XBL Gamertag: Deca Tarce || PSN: deca_tarce
#2APHughesPosted 1/23/2013 2:27:18 PM
Send it in now. No new games come out for a little while and you'll only be without your system for a week or 2. Better to get it out of the way now so when Pikmin 3 comes out you'll be ready to play.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#3TakeshiSkunk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:30:28 PM
Honestly that's a good point, definitely don't want to discover there's a real problem right after MH3U comes out!

Is it a pretty painless procedure? Like, do they cover shipping, send a box to use or anything like that? Also can I trust to get it back with all my data and everything intact? I'm not going to lose my saves or miiverse account or anything right?
---
-----
#4picanoPosted 1/23/2013 2:31:59 PM
Seems like a waste if you haven't had issues lately. I had 5 freezes in a row one day and then nothing (except Sonic, while fun... that game is buggy as hell) since.

My freezes then, now that I think about it, may have been interference based since... I had my Wii on top of it (both horizontal) since I had done the transfer. I've moved my Wii since.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#5The_BoredomsPosted 1/23/2013 2:33:27 PM
TakeshiSkunk posted...
Is it a pretty painless procedure? Like, do they cover shipping, send a box to use or anything like that? Also can I trust to get it back with all my data and everything intact? I'm not going to lose my saves or miiverse account or anything right?

When I had to send in my Wii I:

Received a printable shipping label from Nintendo.
Had to provide my own box.
Lost all of my internal data.
#6TakeshiSkunk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:36:26 PM
Ugh, really? :( Is there any way to back it up and restore it or anything?
---
-----
#7picanoPosted 1/23/2013 2:48:09 PM
I'm pretty sure not getting your data back is not the common occurrence, otherwise there would be a LOT more complaints towards Nintendo's customer service. Pretty sure you would get everything back unless:
1) The internal storage is damaged
2) They find traces of hacks

Though, my info on that is just second hand --- and I still say sending it in for an issue that might not still happen is a waste. Give it a good run at least once before your warranty is up before trying to send it in.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#8SagadegoPosted 1/23/2013 2:49:44 PM
TakeshiSkunk posted...
Ugh, really? :( Is there any way to back it up and restore it or anything?

i sent my dsi in for repair and all my files were still there when i got it back.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
#9TakeshiSkunk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:51:58 PM
Do you happen to know offhand how long I have to send it in before getting charged for it?
---
-----