Nintendo Direct Summary - Faster OS, new games, VC, and more!

#1RahzarXPosted 1/23/2013 2:25:17 PM
Wii U Firmware Updates & Wii U Miiverse

Nintendo are happy with the amount of activity on Miiverse so far, lots of messages and pictures, but are aiming to create filters to better view content.

Official users can post links and videos, like Nintendo have done with New Super Mario Bros. U, and there will be more YouTube videos across Miiverse in the future.

Nintendo will spruce up Miiverse with filters, user-created private communities and official communities through a future firmware update.

There will be two major Wii U firmware updates in the coming months - One in Spring, the other in Summer.

Pikmin 3 will include an expanded camera function so players can post their photos onto Miiverse.

Nintendo are rolling out Miiverse on smartphones in the Spring via browser, with an app to come.

Wii U Virtual Console

Nintendo confirmed that the Wii U Virtual Console will launch with the spring firmware update.

There will be initially a select handful of NES and SNES games with Game Boy Advance coming soon after.

The Virtual Console games will support off-TV play on the GamePad, save states, plus the ability to custom map controller buttons.

Virtual Console games will also receive their own Miiverse communities.
From January till July, Nintendo will offer selected games at 30 Yen ($0.30/30p) for 30 days to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the Famicom (NES) console.

Japan will receive Mother 2 for just 30 yen during March as part of the Mother 2 Resurrection Festival.

First Party Nintendo Wii U Software

Nintendo/Sakurai confirmed that Super Smash Bros. is coming along nicely, with screenshots to be shown at E3 Expo.

New 3D Super Mario Wi U game and New Mario Kart Wii U to be shown in playable form at this year's E3 Expo.

Nintendo also revealed snippets of a new party game called Wii U Party with all sorts of interesting control configurations.

Nintendo also revealed the first look at a new Yoshi Wii U game from the creators of Kirby: Epic Yarn.

Nintendo revealed a unique Wii U collaboration with fellow Japanese studio Atlus - Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.

A stunning new adventure title from Monolith, creators of Xenoblade Chronicles, was revealed for Nintendo Wii U.

The Legend of Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma spoke about reconsidering The Legend of Zelda conventions - less linear, possible multiplayer.

Aonuma also confirmed The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD remake for Nintendo Wii U, with debut screenshots - due this fall.

Third Party Nintendo Wii U Software

A teaser trailer from the development studio for Bayonetta 2 was shown.

New trailer for The Wonderful 101 Wii U was shown.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:27:02 PM
Interesting how the faster OS part is getting completely looked over, as is the Miiverse on smartphones.

This board has an infestation.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#3knightimexPosted 1/23/2013 2:50:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B2aeFqd.jpg
---
Old School Games FTW!
#4RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:28:39 PM
Bump in the night.
---
#5RedOrionPosted 1/23/2013 7:34:31 PM
"User-created private communities"

It would be nice to see a G-faqs community on there.
#6HungtotheoverPosted 1/23/2013 7:34:37 PM
Take a hint.
---
I own you said the buyer.
#7DifferentialEquationPosted 1/23/2013 7:36:37 PM
RedOrion posted...

one gamefaqs community is already too much
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#8abbyhitterPosted 1/23/2013 7:37:59 PM
Thanks for the summary.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#9Hello10000Posted 1/23/2013 7:41:41 PM
RedOrion posted...

It would only the spread the anti-nintendo vs pro-nintendo war over there.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of Kingler]
Pokemon White FC: 3267 4497 6644 Name: Ash
#10RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:49:42 PM
Hello10000 posted...
RedOrion posted...

It would only the spread the anti-nintendo vs pro-nintendo war over there.

Well at least it would have decent moderators. Right? Riiiiight?
---