Wii U Virtual Console questions

#1tangnetsPosted 1/23/2013 3:27:56 PM
-Is it known when it will be possible to play vc games on the gamepad?
-Will all vc games from the original Wii's shop be immediately available on the WIIU shop? Or at least SNES and 64 games? Will we have to wait for releases again like we did on the Wii?
-Any word on if GCN games will come to the vc?
-New monolith game looks sweet
---
-------MISSION--------
--ACCOMPLISHED--
#2Baha05Posted 1/23/2013 3:29:07 PM
tangnets posted...
-Is it known when it will be possible to play vc games on the gamepad?
-Will all vc games from the original Wii's shop be immediately available on the WIIU shop? Or at least SNES and 64 games? Will we have to wait for releases again like we did on the Wii?
-Any word on if GCN games will come to the vc?
-New monolith game looks sweet

-Yes
-So far NES, SNES, and GBA, assue the others will too over time
-No word yet
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3JonbazookabozPosted 1/23/2013 3:30:35 PM
Yes to gamepad. Snes nes, then gba then others later. U can transfer your old vc games over but there is an upgrade fee if u want off screen play, customizable controls and save states. There is also a 30cent game each month
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#4tangnets(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 3:40:00 PM
can the 30 cent game possibly be from any platform? Or just nes or something
---
-------MISSION--------
--ACCOMPLISHED--
#5IlikeBacon16Posted 1/23/2013 3:44:17 PM
30 cent game is a specific game, each month. This month it is Balloon Fight.
#6JonbazookabozPosted 1/23/2013 3:44:43 PM
tangnets posted...
can the 30 cent game possibly be from any platform? Or just nes or something

Its specific games. Todays is balloon fight (nes) next is fzero (snes) etc. the best is aprils/ mays Super metroid (snes)
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#7JKatarnPosted 1/23/2013 3:52:16 PM
johnnybazookabo posted...
Yes to gamepad. Snes nes, then gba then others later. U can transfer your old vc games over but there is an upgrade fee if u want off screen play, customizable controls and save states. There is also a 30cent game each month

Which is pretty BS as customizable controls should have been featured in the original versions and are trivial (from a programming perspective) to implement. I'm amazed at Nintendo's tunnel vision.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#8JonbazookabozPosted 1/23/2013 3:53:14 PM
JKatarn posted...

Which is pretty BS as customizable controls should have been featured in the original versions and are trivial (from a programming perspective) to implement. I'm amazed at Nintendo's tunnel vision.

The gamepad didnt exist when they first came out
---
#9JKatarnPosted 1/23/2013 7:20:14 PM
JKatarn posted...

The gamepad didnt exist when they first came out

Customizable controls - as in you can customize the controls on the classic gamepad etc. - the ability to customize controls is not specific to one controller (ie. the NES A/B assignments are locked on the classic controller with no way to redefine them which is friggin' ridiculous given how trivial it would be to implement that customization).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES