X could be done on 360/PS3

#51nonexistingheroPosted 1/23/2013 4:22:04 PM
Skyrim so far has shown more detail in the amount of objects in the environments though. The few trees they've shown in the X trailer are pretty poor. However, the textures in X look better overal and the draw distance is a lot bigger. On top of that you're traveling much faster, and it looks like you might even be able to get to the distant mountains and whatnot, or on top of those waterfalls.

In terms of what's going on as far as pushing specs go, I suppose X seems to stomp on Skyrim.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#52DynheartPosted 1/23/2013 4:26:04 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Dynheart posted...
I'd say it cannot be done. Why? Look at that draw distance, in full detail (not to mention the density of the land mass AND animation...it was amazing). That right beats what Skyrim even offers, the king of environments (for consoles at least). We wont even talk about how the draw distance looks like on the console versions of Skyrim, let alone the the lack of detail...Oh...and how those consoles struggle to even put that on the screen.

The Wii U looked like it was running just fine. And this was most likely an early build of the game. I'm sure it will get better as the development continues; just like every other game.

Enemies on screen at once is like 2 though, and there are no interactive objects in the environment aside from that mech. The only thing with draw distance is the landscape and the world is very empty.

This reminds me of the Xenoblade trailer. Remember the flack that trailer got? It was doomed to be a fail game. Now? It was in the running for game of the year. People are anticipating their next game...

My point? We shouldn't judge this game on just a 1 minute trailer. I'm sure Nintendo asked for a montage, and Monolith gave them one. The game still looks like it's in early development phase. And if it looks THAT good already? Maybe we should just wait and see and be excited before Monolith makes fools of us again (saying their game isn't next gen).
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#53MelkacPosted 1/23/2013 4:29:53 PM
Let me guess, your favorite game is Halo 4!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#54SolisPosted 1/23/2013 4:33:48 PM
aether17 posted...
JackTheRimmer posted...
There is nothing in the footage that would leave me to believe otherwise.Looks really good for a Nintendo game. Still not next gen though.

Try to compare it to any other huge open-world game of the same kind and tell me which one matches this early build of X. If you think the PS360 can replicate that same draw distance with those visuals, I just don't know what to say. Skyrim is probably something that comes close to being a good "comparison", but X looks better on a graphical perspective.

The only criticism I have is the water in the first cut scene, what's up with the "sharp" corner of the water's edge? Water doesn't naturally flow like that!!!

I'm honestly curious: what are people seeing about X that looks notably graphically superior to Skyrim? Both look pretty good visually, but I don't see any particular strengths that X has to set it apart. In terms of draw distance, texture quality, character models, lighting, and environmental detail, they seem pretty close.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#55PendragoonPosted 1/23/2013 4:36:42 PM
I think that Dragon's Dogma is a more accurate comparison for graphics. Both are built around big monsters and third person combat with a open world design.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#56DemonDog666Posted 1/23/2013 4:40:43 PM
Dynheart posted...
This reminds me of the Xenoblade trailer. Remember the flack that trailer got? It was doomed to be a fail game. Now? It was in the running for game of the year. People are anticipating their next game...

My point? We shouldn't judge this game on just a 1 minute trailer. I'm sure Nintendo asked for a montage, and Monolith gave them one. The game still looks like it's in early development phase. And if it looks THAT good already? Maybe we should just wait and see and be excited before Monolith makes fools of us again (saying their game isn't next gen).

Then why are you judging it based on this trailer?
#57DynheartPosted 1/23/2013 4:42:22 PM
Solis posted...
aether17 posted...
JackTheRimmer posted...
There is nothing in the footage that would leave me to believe otherwise.Looks really good for a Nintendo game. Still not next gen though.

Try to compare it to any other huge open-world game of the same kind and tell me which one matches this early build of X. If you think the PS360 can replicate that same draw distance with those visuals, I just don't know what to say. Skyrim is probably something that comes close to being a good "comparison", but X looks better on a graphical perspective.

The only criticism I have is the water in the first cut scene, what's up with the "sharp" corner of the water's edge? Water doesn't naturally flow like that!!!

I'm honestly curious: what are people seeing about X that looks notably graphically superior to Skyrim? Both look pretty good visually, but I don't see any particular strengths that X has to set it apart. In terms of draw distance, texture quality, character models, lighting, and environmental detail, they seem pretty close.

Textures. Detail. Animation. The draw distance isn't even close (on the console version Skyrim draw distance turns into a blob, so to speak). X? Not at all. Not to mention the draw distance seemed further.

That stuck out to me.

As some people pointed out already, though, there were more object in Skyrim. Trees. Houses. Logs. Etc etc. Monsters too.

But if have been watch game trailers long enough, you can tell this is a boarder line alpha...maybe early EARLY beta version of the game. All we have is a basic land mass..a few monsters. Barely any objects. The gamma/coloring was washed out.

In short? It's not even close to almost finished. But it still looks damn good...and it's competing with Skyrim? That's saying something, yea? And this is just the beginning for this console.
---
#58DynheartPosted 1/23/2013 4:46:23 PM(edited)
DemonDog666 posted...
Dynheart posted...

Then why are you judging it based on this trailer?

Because I was one of those fools. I wont be burned twice buy saying this is it, and "this isn't next gen". And it's obvious...it's pretty much a very early build.

---
#59PendragoonPosted 1/23/2013 5:01:52 PM
I just watched the trailer again. The speed at which high quality assets draw in is stunning, add to the fact that the environment is 100% fully explore-able thanks to the flying mech, I am simply impressed.

If you notice, there are monsters in the water. This is basically a HD Xenoblade in every way. The area on display is basically a multiplayer testing ground, I can't wait to see what the final game looks like. It looked almost as big as the entirety of Gransys in Dragon's Dogma based on that aerial shot.

(The multiplayer will probably be similar to White Knight Chronicles in basic structure, custom characters questing separate from the single player mode)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#60GeassMasterPosted 1/23/2013 5:06:45 PM
I'm still turned off by that really horrible looking character face at the end, like what were being shown is a CG trailer explaining the game and the last face shown is the actual game. Could be my own worries.

As I said in other thread, Star Ocean 4 looks very similar to it and even has a lot more going on plus better character face design. I personally still think FF13 looks better at multiple points, FF13 has better hair tech as well.

That's not bashing it all, this is a good direction for Nintendo. It's definitely impressive, since we've had very few truly visually impressive JRPGs this gen. I wouldn't say it's impossible to do this game on PS3/360. Halo 4, Killzone 2/3, and Uncharted 2/3 look much if not better.
---
Now Playing: EDF 2017 Portable, P4G, Tera, Darkness 2, Ys Origin, Prince of Persia(2008), Metro 2033, DW: Gundam 2, Binary Domain
I Have A Huge Backlog.