X could be done on 360/PS3

#61SolisPosted 1/23/2013 5:07:53 PM
Dynheart posted...
Textures. Detail. Animation. The draw distance isn't even close (on the console version Skyrim draw distance turns into a blob, so to speak). X? Not at all. Not to mention the draw distance seemed further.

That stuck out to me.

As some people pointed out already, though, there were more object in Skyrim. Trees. Houses. Logs. Etc etc. Monsters too.

But if have been watch game trailers long enough, you can tell this is a boarder line alpha...maybe early EARLY beta version of the game. All we have is a basic land mass..a few monsters. Barely any objects. The gamma/coloring was washed out.

In short? It's not even close to almost finished. But it still looks damn good...and it's competing with Skyrim? That's saying something, yea? And this is just the beginning for this console.

I guess I'm still not really seeing those particular elements being substantially better from the trailer. I'd honestly expect X to be superior graphically overall, since it's coming out 3+ years later (and doesn't have to be downscaled to the PS3's pathetic GPU), but I'm not seeing a very notable difference overall. At best I'd say it's probably a tradeoff between the two depending on what you focus on.

Also, I hope they fix the grass sprite draw in from in the trailer. The grass looked decent up close (despite being fairly obviously flat), but it was really distracting even in the few seconds of footage showing the characters running through a grassy area when it just popped up along the ground.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#62PendragoonPosted 1/23/2013 5:10:44 PM
GeassMaster posted...
I'm still turned off by that really horrible looking character face at the end, like what were being shown is a CG trailer explaining the game and the last face shown is the actual game. Could be my own worries.

As I said in other thread, Star Ocean 4 looks very similar to it and even has a lot more going on plus better character face design. I personally still think FF13 looks better at multiple points, FF13 has better hair tech as well.

That's not bashing it all, this is a good direction for Nintendo. It's definitely impressive, since we've had very few truly visually impressive JRPGs this gen. I wouldn't say it's impossible to do this game on PS3/360. Halo 4, Killzone 2/3, and Uncharted 2/3 look much if not better.

That face at the end was the only CG in the trailer. And not one of those games you mentioned is open world.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#63talesofzeldaPosted 1/23/2013 5:13:13 PM
JackTheRimmer posted...
There is nothing in the footage that would leave me to believe otherwise.Looks really good for a Nintendo game. Still not next gen though.

I have a 360. Not sure about PS3, But X looks MUCH better then any 360 game I own. MUCH better. Next gen. Without a doubt.
---
Loving the Wii U! Fire Emblem Awakening 2/4/13
#64talesofzeldaPosted 1/23/2013 5:14:43 PM
ashcrv posted...
Someone's in denial. And someone's jealous. Nice try bro.

Yep. I agree. They can't just wait for there favorite company to make a new console, they have to go to Wii U boards and down play it and ignore how incredible the games look.
---
Loving the Wii U! Fire Emblem Awakening 2/4/13
#65luigi33Posted 1/23/2013 5:17:51 PM
Crysis could be done on consoles too. Now doesn't that make your topic title look stupid?
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
#66wesker741Posted 1/23/2013 5:59:58 PM
teamaquashock posted...
Sometimes I wonder what can make today's graphics any better. I don't think there will be any big graphical leap in the future. But that's just what I think.

It already looks best for me.

Your sig made me lol.
---
"Do not fear the AI director, for Coach, Louis, and the Holy Chocolate protect all who believe in them."
Pills 2:17
#67SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/23/2013 6:03:53 PM
Only Nintendo fanboys that were too biased/poor/ignorant to play games on PS360 think "X" looks like something that hasn't been seen before. It's just never been seen before on a Nintendo console. It looks like FFXII/XIII and plenty of other RPG's on last gen's HD consoles. Glad Nintendo-only fans will FINALLY get to experience HD, but I've been there, done that.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#68TJSpykePosted 1/23/2013 6:08:48 PM
The TC bases this based on early schreenshots of a game nowhere near done yet and was JUST announced today. Sounds like a Sony or Microsoft fanboy.
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331
#69abbyhitterPosted 1/23/2013 6:08:56 PM
I'd like to mention that the new X trailer is only in 720p. It doesn't do justice for the 1080p resolution that the game will have. The 720p resolution trailer looked better than anything that the PS3 or 360 could produce at 1080p resolution.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#70SolisPosted 1/23/2013 6:15:53 PM
abbyhitter posted...
I'd like to mention that the new X trailer is only in 720p. It doesn't do justice for the 1080p resolution that the game will have. The 720p resolution trailer looked better than anything that the PS3 or 360 could produce at 1080p resolution.

Uhh, since when was it confirmed that the game would run at 1080p native? And of course it looks better at 720p than what the Xbox 360/PS3 could do at 1080p, since running a game at 1080p would require 2.25 times as many rendering resources as running it at 720p would.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review