Wind Waker HD made my jaw drop

#1nonexistingheroPosted 1/23/2013 4:43:13 PM
That looks just so damn beautiful. Nintendo's going well beyond a simple resolution upgrade, it's almost like the treatment they gave Ocarina of Time 3D. Man, I probably won't have a Wii U by the time it comes out, but I must get one eventually. So much good stuff is coming.

My favourite 3D Zelda game's getting an awesome make-over!
*fangirl squeel*
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#2mjc0961Posted 1/23/2013 4:44:49 PM
The sad thing is that I've already seen people who think it is a simple PS3/360 style resolution upgrade and complaining that they aren't putting more games in it. Honestly can't tell if they're trolling or just stupid.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#3nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 4:47:48 PM(edited)
Well, there will always be ignorant fools. Just let them drown in ignorance while we swim in paradise.
---
#4Sailor GoonPosted 1/23/2013 4:50:13 PM
What I don't get is how they said the next Zelda will take a while, so in the meantime to ease everyone's wait, they're releasing this HD remake. That makes no sense. How about instead of taking resources away to make this HD remake, they put more resources into the next Zelda game to release it quicker?
It really just screams cash grab to me.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#5XWolfOPosted 1/23/2013 4:50:34 PM
Yeah. It sure looks beautiful. I'm really glad it's not just a remaster, but a real remake.
---
It's-a me!
#6LUlGIPosted 1/23/2013 4:51:18 PM
What I don't get is how they said the next Zelda will take a while, so in the meantime to ease everyone's wait, they're releasing this HD remake. That makes no sense. How about instead of taking resources away to make this HD remake, they put more resources into the next Zelda game to release it quicker?
It really just screams cash grab to me

Because possibly they have two different teams working on two different products.
#7nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:05:25 PM
Sailor Goon posted...

The screens don't scream cashgrab at all. Also, there's most likely a different team working on this.
---
#8SerOnionKnightPosted 1/23/2013 5:09:18 PM
I wouldnt get two excited yet, they have only produced a couple of artistic renderings. At least the system is getting some postitive buzz, I mean its been a whole week since Yahoo said was doomed.
#9DiscostewSMPosted 1/23/2013 5:10:28 PM
mjc0961 posted...
The sad thing is that I've already seen people who think it is a simple PS3/360 style resolution upgrade and complaining that they aren't putting more games in it. Honestly can't tell if they're trolling or just stupid.

I was one of those until I saw a side-by-side comparison.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#10SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/23/2013 5:13:24 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

The screens don't scream cashgrab at all. Also, there's most likely a different team working on this.

Remaking an old game is a cash grab. They try to draw more fans in by prettying it up. How do you not know that? Oh, Nintendo fanboy. You don't understand logic.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.