Wind Waker HD made my jaw drop

#11__Gaminator__Posted 1/23/2013 5:19:08 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
What I don't get is how they said the next Zelda will take a while, so in the meantime to ease everyone's wait, they're releasing this HD remake. That makes no sense. How about instead of taking resources away to make this HD remake, they put more resources into the next Zelda game to release it quicker?
It really just screams cash grab to me.

The screens don't scream cashgrab at all. Also, there's most likely a different team working on this.

Remaking an old game is a cash grab. They try to draw more fans in by prettying it up. How do you not know that? Oh, Nintendo fanboy. You don't understand logic.

By that loose of a definition, all video games are cash grabs. They're designed to attract customers with promising gameplay and graphics. Nintendo's a business, of course they want money. Don't you have something better to do than be on this board 24/7?
---
Bear in my oatmeal!
#12nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:26:42 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Remaking an old game is a cash grab. They try to draw more fans in by prettying it up. How do you not know that? Oh, Nintendo fanboy. You don't understand logic.

You don't know what a cashgrab is -__-
In gaming, a cashgrab is a game where they go for minimum effort and maximum profit. Shovelware fits that definition, most licensed games fit that definition as well and most HD ports & collections also scream cashgrab. Anyhow, if it was just a simple resolution upgrade it would've been a cashgrab. The art style of the original Wind Waker is vastly improved in this HD version and it looks much better in every way than Skyward Sword. Cashgrab shouldn't even be considered when describing this game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#13HungoverHero777Posted 1/23/2013 5:28:51 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

You don't know what a cashgrab is -__-
In gaming, a cashgrab is a game where they go for minimum effort and maximum profit. Shovelware fits that definition, most licensed games fit that definition as well and most HD ports & collections also scream cashgrab. Anyhow, if it was just a simple resolution upgrade it would've been a cashgrab. The art style of the original Wind Waker is vastly improved in this HD version and it looks much better in every way than Skyward Sword. Cashgrab shouldn't even be considered when describing this game.

You do realize who you're talking to, right?
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#14nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:53:46 PM
Oh, crap... didn't read his name. I should really do that more often -__-
---
#15AwesomePerson99Posted 1/23/2013 5:58:10 PM
I'm with you nonexistinghero I love the remake :D. The Wind Waker is in my top 5 favorite Zelda games and I've always thought the game was excellent. HD remake = day one buy for me.
#16nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:00:43 PM
If I can get a rich girlfriend quickly then she can buy me a Wii U for my birthday in June!

*cries*
Never gonna happen...
---
#17Lovely_DisasterPosted 1/23/2013 7:34:48 PM
........you're going to buy a pre-existing game just because it has upgraded graphics?

I know the dude said that there might be new content in the "remake." Then again look at Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 3DS.

I thought Nintendo was supposed to be all about gameplay over graphics?

HD remake/port of an existing game. Sure sounds like gameplay is being prioritized over gameplay.
#18ShibutoPosted 1/23/2013 7:36:48 PM
The sad thing is that I've already seen people who think it is a simple PS3/360 style resolution upgrade and complaining that they aren't putting more games in it. Honestly can't tell if they're trolling or just stupid.

Not only that but people say its not even cel shaded which clearly it is...
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#19Steel_ShadowsPosted 1/23/2013 7:41:24 PM
Lovely_Disaster posted...
........you're going to buy a pre-existing game just because it has upgraded graphics?

I know the dude said that there might be new content in the "remake." Then again look at Ocarina of Time

Mirrored master quest says hi. Also, I don't think Ocarina of Time was rushed at its initial release, like Wind Waker apparently was.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.
#20DarthFloatyPosted 1/23/2013 7:42:43 PM
Yeah, it looks really fantastic.