Nintendo Direct Proves Nintendo still doesn't Get It.

#131Elem187Posted 1/24/2013 11:44:27 AM
500whpSRT4 posted...
Guys! GUYS!

Nintendo just doesn't get it! They continue to utilize their intellectual property to the sell their own hardware better than any other company in the history of console manufacturing. But don't worry, they dont get it!! This ND proves it!

This.
#132ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 5:05:04 PM
Starwars4J posted...
ElGado posted...
Newbius posted...
I'm sorry TC but this is an epic fail topic. there is no room for debate, its just a massive fail.

If it breaks 100 comments, it's a success.

Actually no. Let me teach you something about what trolls try to accomplish. They try to get people actually angry. They are not just trying to get responses. Anyone and everyone can get responses by saying anything. It's human nature to respond and interact. Trolls do not simply try to get responses to what they say, especially if most of those responses are mocking said troll. A good troll gets people angry without any way to deal with said anger. Do you understand a bit better?

I'm not trolling though.

I win.
#133DTY3Posted 1/24/2013 5:07:30 PM
I'm not trolling though.

I win.

Are you 12?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#134ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 5:08:38 PM
DTY3 posted...
I'm not trolling though.

I win.

Are you 12?

DTY, why you so mad brah?
#135Emperor_mateusPosted 1/24/2013 5:09:03 PM
ElGado posted...
After seeing what games were revealed at the Nintendo Direct event, it is further proof that Nintendo doesn't "get it."

The gaming market has shifted to online, yet Nintendo runs the same strategy that they have been running for the past 15 years. Wow another Xenoblade game (Not a killer app), another Epic Yarn game (who cares) Wii Party (the 99th installment of a party game), and to top it off, Wind Waker.

Sorry folks, Nintendo just doesn't get it. I'm trying to tell you, the sooner this thing fails, the quicker we will see Nintendo upgrade their hardware, go all in on online, and go back to making Mario and Zelda as good as they were in the 64 days.

I don't like playing online 99% of the time so i'm perfectly fine with that.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#136mjc0961Posted 1/24/2013 5:14:13 PM(edited)
ElGado posted...
The gaming market has shifted to online

Yeah, Nintendo is the only one keeping single player alive. No other company ever puts out a single player only game. They also never have any games with multiplayer. They certainly didn't mention a new Mario Kart, a series which has had online for the past 3 games (Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart 7) either.

http://jubageek.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/unsuccessful-troll-thumbnail1.jpg

Starwars4J posted...
Actually no. Let me teach you something about what trolls try to accomplish. They try to get people actually angry. They are not just trying to get responses. Anyone and everyone can get responses by saying anything. It's human nature to respond and interact. Trolls do not simply try to get responses to what they say, especially if most of those responses are mocking said troll. A good troll gets people angry without any way to deal with said anger. Do you understand a bit better?

QFT
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#137ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 5:14:25 PM
mjc0961 posted...
ElGado posted...

Yeah, Nintendo is the only one keeping single player alive. No other company ever puts out a single player only game. They also never have any games with multiplayer. They certainly didn't mention a new Mario Kart, a series which has had online for the past 3 games (Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart 7) either.

Read my original post. Then come back when you're ready to argue properly.
#138mjc0961Posted 1/24/2013 5:24:48 PM(edited)
2wingedangel posted...
westonticklee posted...
ShonenNinja posted...
I think that this Nintendo Direct was bad. Not only with the announcements of three games that will not be system sellers (Yoshi Yarn, SMTxFE, and the new Xenoblade game), but the announcement of a new Zelda game has me worried since Aonuma said that one of the things he will change is the single-player aspects of Zelda. I'm sorry to say this for Xenoblade and the SMT/Fire Emblem crossover, but unless the title has Final Fantasy a JRPG will not sell extremely well. So far, we got announcements that only cater to the shrinking hardcore base and not to the mass audience. This is why the Wii U is not selling, except for NSMBU there are no games for non-hardcore people. This Direct has convinced me to not buy a Wii U for a while. I'll stick with my 3DS since there are a few games I would like to get.

Amazing post right here.

Because he actually has reasons for not liking the Wii U? Because he's saying it as an opinion instead of misusing the word "fact"?

In that case, I agree. You could learn something from him.

Not really, because he makes many incorrect statements.

"So far, we got announcements that only cater to the shrinking hardcore base and not to the mass audience."

I didn't realize that Wii U Party (or whatever, the Wii Party sequel) and Wii Fit U weren't targeted to the mass audience anymore.

"This is why the Wii U is not selling, except for NSMBU there are no games for non-hardcore people."

I also didn't realize that Nintendo Land, SiNG, and Rabbids Land stopped existing.

The only thing you could learn from ShonenNinja is to fact check before you post so that you don't look as utterly silly (to put it politely) as he did.

Terotrous posted...
It's clearly wrong though. First of all, the Wii U is selling well. No, it won't outsell PS3 and 360 all the time because they're at the high point in their sales curve, but it is drastically beating how much they sold when they were new.

Secondly, the part about casuals is massively wrong as well. Casuals already have NintendoLand and NSMBU. They're also getting Mario Kart, Wii U Party, Yoshi's Yarn, and Wii Fit U*. That right there is pretty much the strongest casual lineup possible, most of those games sold 30+ million on Wii. Casuals don't buy a lot of games, even if this is all they ever release it's enough to secure the causal base.

*Note before people flip out: there's nothing to say that ONLY casuals play these games, but they have huge appeal to casuals

And now back to the franchises they showed. Xenoblade sold well and is one of the most highly acclaimed games in a really long time. There's a reason people went nuts when a sequel to that was shown and if you think that's not a selling point you've obviously been living under a rock because even the Sony camp loves that game. Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem are both also very popular with hardcore gamers and both franchises are only getting more popular in the US all the time. Even if these games only sell like 500k by themselves (though Zelda, Mario, and Smash will all sell 5 million at least), securing hardcore gamers is important because each hardcore gamer buys like 30+ games (whereas most casuals only buy 5 or so).

Long story short: It was an excellent conference and Nintendo will do just fine.

Also, that.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#139mjc0961Posted 1/24/2013 5:22:58 PM
ElGado posted...
mjc0961 posted...
ElGado posted...

Read my original post. Then come back when you're ready to argue properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S50URWPRD7o
---
#140Koi_TenchiPosted 1/24/2013 7:00:57 PM(edited)
ElGado posted...
DTY3 posted...
I'm not trolling though.

I win.

Are you 12?

DTY, why you so mad brah?

ITP: Asking someone a simple question means you're mad.

I can just imagine TC in real life.

Random person: "Excuse me, do you know which way the nearest pizzeria is?"
TC: "Why you so mad, brah?"
---
It's a secret to everybody.