Nintendo Direct Proves Nintendo still doesn't Get It.

#141DTY3Posted 1/24/2013 6:40:22 PM
ElGado posted...
DTY3 posted...
I'm not trolling though.

I win.

Are you 12?

DTY, why you so mad brah?

Ah ok so you are.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#142ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 4:07:45 PM
DTY3 posted...
ElGado posted...
DTY3 posted...
I'm not trolling though.

I win.

Are you 12?

DTY, why you so mad brah?

Ah ok so you are.

No, but I can tell you're 20 by your immaturity.
#143MagnaderAlphaPosted 1/26/2013 10:57:55 AM(edited)
Elem187 posted...

doesn't "get it"

explain doesn't get it? Sounds like you hate the company because they don't market specifically to you.... You do know that gamers such as yourself a VERY small segment of gamers, don't you?

Nintendo does what makes money. If they catered their system to you they would end up like Sony and never turn a profit on the system.
Isn't that the main reason many gamers hate things nowadays. "I hate Nintendo because it's not trying to cater to MY taste and MY age bracket!". The whole "Me me me, I I I, my my my, mine mine mine!" bit. One thing people have to realize, in this great big world of ours, is that you can't always get your way, and that there is just enough of variety and diversity to fit everybody's taste out there. The problem is, even with all these diverse avenues, people still want everything to be set "according to ME and MY standard". But, like I said, tantrums come and go, but the world keeps on rollin. The world's existence is far more greater(as a whole) than any one insignificant individual's selfish needs, and it certainly doesn't cry for us when we don't get our way. Why should it?
#144ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 11:22:54 AM(edited)
MagnaderAlpha posted...
Elem187 posted...

doesn't "get it"

explain doesn't get it? Sounds like you hate the company because they don't market specifically to you.... You do know that gamers such as yourself a VERY small segment of gamers, don't you?

Nintendo does what makes money. If they catered their system to you they would end up like Sony and never turn a profit on the system.
Isn't that the main reason many gamers hate things nowadays. "I hate Nintendo because it's not trying to cater to MY taste and MY age bracket!". The whole "Me me me, I I I, my my my, mine mine mine!" bit. One thing people have to realize, in this great big world of ours, is that you can't always get your way, and that there is just enough of variety and diversity to fit everybody's taste out there. The problem is, even with all these diverse avenues, people still want everything to be set "according to ME and MY standard". But, like I said, tantrums come and go, but the world keeps on rollin. The world's existence is far more greater(as a whole) than any one insignificant individual's selfish needs, and it certainly doesn't cry for us when we don't get our way. Why should it?

Man, I feel like people aren't that smart on these boards. They don't teach reading comprehension in school anymore? My arguments are for college based intellectuals and beyond, because I also believe in bringing in market and financial factors of Nintendo.

Let me explicitly state one of my points. The market has shifted to online. Nintendo has not embraced the shift to online and refuses to go all in like say Microsoft or even Sony. There is no reason why NSMBU should not have 4 player online coop.

Furthermore, I am not stating that all of Nintendo's games should be online. It doesn't make sense to bring The Legend of Zelda online. Its of more of the case that Nintendo is just behind in the times and Nintendo management has huge egos. Some examples of this would be how they were wrong on cartridges [see PS1 owning N64] and wrong on mini sized discs. [see the exit of third party from Nintendo consoles].

Don't tell me Virtual Console is embracing online either. I'm talking about the games here.
#145ElectricFieldPosted 1/26/2013 11:25:17 AM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
Elem187 posted...

doesn't "get it"

This is definitely true. A lot of gamers these days are way too self centered in that they want companies to cater to their needs. If Nintendo created games based on those people's standards, gaming as a whole would be ruined. Look at how posters like DemonDog666 and Endgame/emagdnE post relentlessly about how 3DS and the Wii U are an abomination. They can't accept that Nintendo has evolved, and post their rant here. Also they cannot fight the fact that Nintendo sales for their hardware and software for the most part are amazing, so they come here instead because that's where they even have a remote chance of winning an argument. There will always be trolls for new game systems, that's a given. When new things get announced they get so butthurt that they have to post mostly false information just to reassure themselves or try to change other people's opinions. Doesn't change the fact that sales will still be good, with their negative opinions or not.
---
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks will always have a special place in my heart.
I go by the name of Jeffy online.
#146ElectricFieldPosted 1/26/2013 11:32:45 AM
ElGado posted...
MagnaderAlpha posted...
Elem187 posted...

doesn't "get it"

Man, I feel like people aren't that smart on these boards. They don't teach reading comprehension in school anymore? My arguments are for college based intellectuals and beyond, because I also believe in bringing in market and financial factors of Nintendo.

Let me explicitly state one of my points. The market has shifted to online. Nintendo has not embraced the shift to online and refuses to go all in like say Microsoft or even Sony. There is no reason why NSMBU should not have 4 player online coop.

Furthermore, I am not stating that all of Nintendo's games should be online. It doesn't make sense to bring The Legend of Zelda online. Its of more of the case that Nintendo is just behind in the times and Nintendo management has huge egos. Some examples of this would be how they were wrong on cartridges [see PS1 owning N64] and wrong on mini sized discs. [see the exit of third party from Nintendo consoles].

Don't tell me Virtual Console is embracing online either. I'm talking about the games here.

So the market has shifted to online, so what? Nintendo has always been slow at these kinds of things, but they have also been good at pumping out software that sells well. They will eventually catch up to everyone else. I do agree that NSMBU should have 4 player online, but it was just as fine without it.

Give Nintendo time to ease into the online world. All companies have to start out somewhere, Nintendo is just a lot slower than others.
---
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks will always have a special place in my heart.
I go by the name of Jeffy online.
#147excitebike64Posted 1/26/2013 11:37:16 AM
ElGado posted...
MagnaderAlpha posted...
Elem187 posted...

doesn't "get it"

There's a good reason not to have 4 player online coop in NSMBU. The game was made with the idea that everybody would physically be in the same room. Someone could shout out for a platform a lot faster for instance. I noticed a lot of the Wii U is meant to promote gaming together, in the same room. Like how two players used the same gamepad to play what looked like baseball.

Online is here to stay, but some gaming experiences are impossible over the Internet. Nintendo is trying to embrace offline and online at the same time.
#148MagnaderAlphaPosted 1/26/2013 11:46:32 AM
excitebike64 posted...
There's a good reason not to have 4 player online coop in NSMBU. The game was made with the idea that everybody would physically be in the same room. Someone could shout out for a platform a lot faster for instance. I noticed a lot of the Wii U is meant to promote gaming together, in the same room. Like how two players used the same gamepad to play what looked like baseball.

Online is here to stay, but some gaming experiences are impossible over the Internet. Nintendo is trying to embrace offline and online at the same time.
Exactly. Not everything SHOULD aim to solely be "online" friendly. Some games, online is perfect for, and I've heard that Nintendo ARE trying to incorporate online aspects to those types of games, but sometimes, you just have to play offline. There's no shame in that and shouldn't be any. I'd rather have a selection of games that I can play online and games I could play in solitude rather than having every game aim to follow the creed of "striving for online play", just because it's the "in" thing. Diversity should be the number 1 goal as far as selection is concerned.
#149Cloudzer00Posted 1/26/2013 1:03:00 PM
I hate it when developers include multiplayer modes just because publishers tell them to include it even if it is supposed to be a single player game.
#150ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:11:58 AM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
excitebike64 posted...

Exactly. Not everything SHOULD aim to solely be "online" friendly. Some games, online is perfect for, and I've heard that Nintendo ARE trying to incorporate online aspects to those types of games, but sometimes, you just have to play offline. There's no shame in that and shouldn't be any. I'd rather have a selection of games that I can play online and games I could play in solitude rather than having every game aim to follow the creed of "striving for online play", just because it's the "in" thing. Diversity should be the number 1 goal as far as selection is concerned.

Soooooo many excuses for Nintendo. The NDF will not let anything by.

Everytime you defend Nintendo for something they aren't doing, that just enables them.

And then when Nintendo goes third party, it will be all of you defenders fault for not being critical of Nintendo.