Nintendo Direct Proves Nintendo still doesn't Get It.

#151excitebike64Posted 1/28/2013 8:49:10 AM
ElGado posted...
MagnaderAlpha posted...
excitebike64 posted...
There's a good reason not to have 4 player online coop in NSMBU. The game was made with the idea that everybody would physically be in the same room. Someone could shout out for a platform a lot faster for instance. I noticed a lot of the Wii U is meant to promote gaming together, in the same room. Like how two players used the same gamepad to play what looked like baseball.

Online is here to stay, but some gaming experiences are impossible over the Internet. Nintendo is trying to embrace offline and online at the same time.
Exactly. Not everything SHOULD aim to solely be "online" friendly. Some games, online is perfect for, and I've heard that Nintendo ARE trying to incorporate online aspects to those types of games, but sometimes, you just have to play offline. There's no shame in that and shouldn't be any. I'd rather have a selection of games that I can play online and games I could play in solitude rather than having every game aim to follow the creed of "striving for online play", just because it's the "in" thing. Diversity should be the number 1 goal as far as selection is concerned.

Soooooo many excuses for Nintendo. The NDF will not let anything by.

Everytime you defend Nintendo for something they aren't doing, that just enables them.

And then when Nintendo goes third party, it will be all of you defenders fault for not being critical of Nintendo.

Your delusional to the max. Perhaps because no one comes visit you. Not sure on that one. But there is no way to play a lot of ideas that are showcased for the WiiU, online. That is fact, not excuses.

NIntendo basically said if they ever went under, they'd let their IPs rot. Plus with handhelds, they could always do handhelds for 10+ years if worse case scenario even came close.

You might be near the deathbed, and Nintendo still won't be going third party any time soon.
#152Purplenu7zPosted 1/29/2013 1:57:53 PM
i really dont understand you ppl. what do you want yall complain for every little thing ungrateful maggots
---
pc guys its called a console war for a reason computers r not consoles
#153_Sovereign_Posted 1/29/2013 2:28:27 PM
ElGado posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
So you were hoping for them to announce a generic FPS then?

I mean, that's pretty much the only genre they didn't announce something for.

Oh man, I was really holding out for Wii Party and Epic Yarn....I'm really excited to buy a Wii U now! #sarcasm

I'd rather have Yoshi's Yarn instead of CoD 10 or whatever number it's on now for last gen.

Games are meant to be fun, relaxing, and have varying design influences...Nintendo gets this and that's why they have remained and will continue to remain far longer than any of their competition. Hell, Sony understood this during the PS - PS2 era and they got cocky and threw it all away last gen. MS however, is only in it to take complete control over your living room.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#154Andrew21044Posted 1/29/2013 11:29:17 PM
ElGado posted...
the core of it still beats out 99% of the crap today.

I never laughed so hard in my life.
---
This is endorsed and loved by Tony Stewart.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gtp63s.gif
#155GojeranPosted 1/29/2013 11:44:23 PM
ElGado posted...
After seeing what games were revealed at the Nintendo Direct event, it is further proof that Nintendo doesn't "get it."

The gaming market has shifted to online, yet Nintendo runs the same strategy that they have been running for the past 15 years. Wow another Xenoblade game (Not a killer app), another Epic Yarn game (who cares) Wii Party (the 99th installment of a party game), and to top it off, Wind Waker.

Sorry folks, Nintendo just doesn't get it. I'm trying to tell you, the sooner this thing fails, the quicker we will see Nintendo upgrade their hardware, go all in on online, and go back to making Mario and Zelda as good as they were in the 64 days.

lolololololololololololololololololololololol
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out March 19th for the Wii U.
#156ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:28:51 PM
This conference call where Iwata said he might retire and the price cut at Costco confirms that Nintendo realizes they are dropping the ball.

I'm just going to pat myself on the back.
#157RelevenPosted 1/31/2013 5:48:44 PM
Yes, god forbid I actually get games I really want to play.
---
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming/
#158lunchEATSyouPosted 1/31/2013 6:36:21 PM
I enjoyed the Nintendo Direct.
---
"Are you kidding me? Japan hates anything American. The US bombed their ass and they are also xenophobic."
-ElGado, pride of the Wii U board