1 Dollar - Optional

#11tizzywilkillyouPosted 1/23/2013 6:06:19 PM
The fruits of other people's labor don't come free. Hopefully some day you guys will understand that.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#12geneticsftwPosted 1/23/2013 6:07:47 PM
Baha05 posted...
Bull **** Optional Fee is Bull ****

LMAO!
---
Sweet
#13SolisPosted 1/23/2013 6:09:46 PM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
The fruits of other people's labor don't come free. Hopefully some day you guys will understand that.

I look forward to Nintendo charging for system updates and online connectivity, then.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#1490sRetroGamingPosted 1/23/2013 6:10:45 PM

I understand that completely. i work hard for my money and get loads of it taken away from me in the form of multiple taxes. this isn't the worst thing i've ever heard of...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#15myusernameislamePosted 1/23/2013 6:10:58 PM
So many expert software engineers on this board who know exactly how the Wii VC, the Wii U's Wii menu, and the Wii U OS and VC work and how negligible any porting effort and resources are.
---
If you refuse to take your sig from someone else, put this in your sig.
#16RECON64bitPosted 1/23/2013 6:12:42 PM

That must be why Nintendo uses unchecked child labor camps to build their consoles.
#17geneticsftwPosted 1/23/2013 6:13:02 PM
Solis posted...

I look forward to Nintendo charging for system updates and online connectivity, then.

Onward Microsoft
---
Sweet
#18GEKGanonPosted 1/23/2013 6:14:24 PM
I don't understand the outrage. You are clearly being charged to upgrade the game with Wii U-centric features. Name one other company that even let's you transfer purchases between different systems (and I don't mean moving PS3 purchases or XBox 360 purchases to another PS3 or Xbox).
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#19DifferentialEquationPosted 1/23/2013 6:21:14 PM
myusernameislame posted...
So many expert software engineers on this board who know exactly how the Wii VC, the Wii U's Wii menu, and the Wii U OS and VC work and how negligible any porting effort and resources are.

No, it's not negligible. It's part of the work that goes into designing a new hardware and operating system. It's also part of what goes into making owning a digital Nintendo library a worthwhile experience instead of just a pure cashgrab.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#20SolisPosted 1/23/2013 6:22:39 PM
GEKGanon posted...
I don't understand the outrage. You are clearly being charged to upgrade the game with Wii U-centric features. Name one other company that even let's you transfer purchases between different systems (and I don't mean moving PS3 purchases or XBox 360 purchases to another PS3 or Xbox).

Sony. Valve. Apple. Google.

Although then it's still a slightly different situation, since unlike the Wii to Wii U transfer, they don't force you to DELETE the content off of the previous system (except in the case of a PS3 full data transfer, but even then you're still able to re-download games you bought on the previous system).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review