Is this actually worth getting?

#1Sasuke7892Posted 1/23/2013 6:25:58 PM
When the Wii released, I bought it immediately. I was very excited, since Nintendo had never let me down before. I was one of the many who were ultimately let down by the console. Of course, the Nintendo games were fun, and a few third party ones, but over time it became less and less useful, eventually having me sell the thing.

The Wii U looks good. Not too keen on it just hitting modern day graphics when we're about to go next gen, but whatever. Point is, is this a good console to get? Do you think it will follow the same trend as the Wii?
---
Check out my Call of Duty Gameplay/Commentaries!!
www.youtube.com/Yoshi7892
#2Petey_MeanisPosted 1/23/2013 6:26:47 PM
yes.

/topic
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#3GloryChaosPosted 1/23/2013 6:27:16 PM
Since it's only been out for two months, I really can't tell you. I'd say to wait on it until the games you are interested in have been released.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#4DemonDog666Posted 1/23/2013 6:27:30 PM
I'm betting it will follow same trend as wii did, wait until next gen systems come out and Nintendo atleast starts to get their act in order, right now you have to pay to use your digital games on the new emulator...
#5Dark_AbaddonPosted 1/23/2013 6:28:40 PM
the games make the system, take a look at some of the games coming out for it and make your decision based on that. If you don't see any you like, don't buy it yet and check back later.

As for the graphics, the console just launched and it is not (or it is very unlikely that it is) yet being pushed to it's maximal graphical potential as of yet.
---
Me: my posts, now with 100% more signature
Hades: I liked it better when your posts had 100% less signature...
#6Koi_TenchiPosted 1/23/2013 6:29:57 PM
Was the Wii your first console?

Every console becomes less and less useful over time and has less and less games released for it. You no longer see games released for the PS1, PS2, Original Xbox, N64, SNES, Genesis, etc. either...

To say it won't happen eventually to the Wii U as well would be complete lying.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#7mcnichojPosted 1/23/2013 6:32:38 PM
I own six games right (NSMBU, ZombiU, NG3, AC3, NL and Tekken) now with plans to get five more games coming out; Bayonetta, Pikmin, Monster Hunter, Rayman and Wind Waker.
Doesn't even include digital titles like The Cave which I'm enjoying a lot.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner.
#8DemonDog666Posted 1/23/2013 6:35:16 PM
mcnichoj posted...
I own six games right (NSMBU, ZombiU, NG3, AC3, NL and Tekken) now with plans to get five more games coming out; Bayonetta, Pikmin, Monster Hunter, Rayman and Wind Waker.

So you have 2 wiiU exclusives and plan to get 2 more? You shoulda just got a ps3 or 360.
#9FewButCrazyPosted 1/23/2013 6:41:08 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
mcnichoj posted...

So you have 2 wiiU exclusives and plan to get 2 more? You shoulda just got a ps3 or 360.

What other systems have Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends and Wind Waker HD? Explain how they are not Wii U exclusives. Im unsure if the Monster Hunter is a port or not.
---
PSN = QuesoTomorokoshi
Gamertag = Tomorokoshi
#10DemonDog666Posted 1/23/2013 6:43:35 PM(edited)
FewButCrazy posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
mcnichoj posted...

What other systems have Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends and Wind Waker HD? Explain how they are not Wii U exclusives. Im unsure if the Monster Hunter is a port or not.

No system has bayonetta 2, pikmin 3 or rayman legends yet, and rayman legends screams timed exclusive and bayonetta 2 isn't exactly a lock either. As for Wind Waker ever hear of this console called gamecube?