Just about to buy a Wii U - 2 small questions

#1KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/23/2013 6:41:15 PM
Hello people, after the announcements to today I'm going to buy a Wii U but I have a couple of (hopefully simple) questions.

1. When playing a game can you have the web browser open on the gamepad? It would be great to have GameFAQs open when I get stuck on a game.
2. To charge the gamepad does it have to be connected to the Wii U console, or is it USB so I can charge through my PC, or an adapter so I can charge by socket?

Any helpful replies much appreciated. Thanks.
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#2Kart_KrazyPosted 1/23/2013 6:43:18 PM
1. The web browser can be accessed through the home menu, and the TV can display either web browser, or a curtain with screens of what was on the gamepad and TV right when you pressed Home.

2. Adapter, by socket. Pro controllers can be charged by USB (Wii U, or any other device with USB ports).
---
3DS FC: 5284-1428-8156; Nintendo ID: YearOfTheWooster
Ask & play me in Kid Icarus Uprising! All 9.0 Chapters beaten! Treasure Hunt 99.44%: 2 panels left!
#3mcnichojPosted 1/23/2013 6:43:52 PM
1. You can pause the game in singleplayer and then hit the home button and the nopen the web browser, look for your tipcs/facebook status/whatever and then hit the home button and be right at where you paused
2. Socket
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner.
#4KOTRwhoops(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:45:37 PM(edited)
Thanks for the quick replies.

Shame about 1 (thought it was very unlikely though) but great on 2 as I can put it on my desk next to my PC and use it with GameFAQs when gaming on that. :)
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns