Question about Nintendo charging for patches.

#1XinundraPosted 1/23/2013 6:50:38 PM
I was at work for a whole 8+ hrs and I'm been reading people screaming about Nintendo charging user for additional game patches. What do they mean by this?
---
NNID: Huynhs
#2APHughesPosted 1/23/2013 6:51:55 PM
Nintendo is giving you the option to pay $1+ in order to play your VC games on the GamePad.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#3LinetrixPosted 1/23/2013 6:52:33 PM
It means Nintendo is innovating once again. They are forcing YOU to pay for updates. If you don't want to pay, you won't play the games you bought.

Nintendo is so creative.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#4squatch22Posted 1/23/2013 6:55:54 PM
Linetrix posted...
It means Nintendo is innovating once again. They are forcing YOU to pay for updates. If you don't want to pay, you won't play the games you bought.

Nintendo is so creative.

Except if u transfer the games from Wii to Wii U... its FREE.
Nintendo isn't charging u to play the games on its new console if u already own them. Keep trying tho
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#5HeaderHogPosted 1/23/2013 6:56:23 PM
Linetrix posted...

Nintendo is so creative.

Y'know, since paying a dollar for something optional is so very terrible.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#6Xinundra(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:57:03 PM
APHughes posted...
Nintendo is giving you the option to pay $1+ in order to play your VC games on the GamePad.

Thank for the info..
---
NNID: Huynhs
#7RainsweptPosted 1/23/2013 6:57:41 PM
squatch22 posted...
Linetrix posted...

Nintendo is so creative.

Nintendo isn't charging u to play the games on its new console if u already own them. Keep trying tho

Lies.

oh it's squatch defending Nintendo again. Figures.

The patches aren't free. If you already own the game you still have to pay for the patch.

Nintendo is dirtier than EA and Activision and Square on IOS combined.

Eat it up drones, eat it up.
#8anon_firePosted 1/23/2013 6:57:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9squatch22Posted 1/23/2013 6:59:53 PM
Rainswept posted...
squatch22 posted...
Linetrix posted...

Nintendo is so creative.

Lies.

oh it's squatch defending Nintendo again. Figures.

The patches aren't free. If you already own the game you still have to pay for the patch.

Nintendo is dirtier than EA and Activision and Square on IOS combined.

Eat it up drones, eat it up.

Liney said u can't play the games without paying more. Typical troll BS.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#10LinetrixPosted 1/23/2013 7:00:34 PM
HeaderHog posted...
Linetrix posted...

Nintendo is so creative.

Y'know, since paying a dollar for something optional is so very terrible.

Yup. I don't mind when thieves steal only a dollar from me. We can't even consider them thieves for that. Right?
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation