Question about Nintendo charging for patches.

#21squatch22Posted 1/23/2013 6:15:34 PM
Liney resorting to outright lies to try bash Nintendo. Pathetic.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#22HeaderHogPosted 1/23/2013 6:18:08 PM
Linetrix posted...
HeaderHog posted...
Linetrix posted...
HeaderHog posted...
Linetrix posted...
It means Nintendo is innovating once again. They are forcing YOU to pay for updates. If you don't want to pay, you won't play the games you bought.

Nintendo is so creative.

Y'know, since paying a dollar for something optional is so very terrible.

Yup. I don't mind when thieves steal only a dollar from me. We can't even consider them thieves for that. Right?

Who said they were thieves?
I'm picturing you in this scenario:

Non-existent friend: Can I use a dollar of yours? It'll help you too a bit.
Linetrix: GET YOUR OWN DAMN DOLLAR YOU DIRTY APE.

Who said they were thieves? Their actions.

If you paid for a game, you should be able to play it. But Nintendo innovates by going "oh, forgot to say that you only BOUGHT the game. We won't let you play it until you give us your lunch money, kid!"

Nintendo leading the industry as usual.

Right.
But they aren't forcing you to do that.
They're giving you the option to either keep your old VC games on one console, or switch them over for a measly fee.
Does that sound that bad?
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#23LinetrixPosted 1/23/2013 6:23:06 PM
HeaderHog posted...
Right.
They're giving you the option to either keep your old VC games on one console, or switch them over for a measly fee.

Nintendo: "Oh hai gais. Remember those games you bought online? Well, they were meant to be played on the Wii only. If you wanna play them on the Wii U you'll have to pay MOAR or stop whining and lose the games you bought. By the way, we are releasing a new console in 5 years from now and you'll have to pay again. Is your wallet ready?"
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#24myusernameislamePosted 1/23/2013 6:26:34 PM
HeaderHog posted...
Right.

Nintendo: "Oh hai gais. Remember those games you bought online? Well, they were meant to be played on the Wii only. If you wanna play them on the Wii U you'll have to pay MOAR or stop whining and lose the games you bought. By the way, we are releasing a new console in 5 years from now and you'll have to pay again. Is your wallet ready?"

*plays my existing VC games on Wii U without paying*
---
If you refuse to take your sig from someone else, put this in your sig.
#25Soanevalcke6Posted 1/23/2013 6:30:50 PM
Linetrix posted...

If you paid for a game, you should be able to play it. But Nintendo innovates by going "oh, forgot to say that you only BOUGHT the game. We won't let you play it until you give us your lunch money, kid!"

Learn your facts before you make yourself look moronic.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#26HeaderHogPosted 1/23/2013 6:31:27 PM
Linetrix posted...
HeaderHog posted...
Right.

In reality, it's all about the light you see Nintendo in.
To me, the average consumer, it's a small price to pay.
To you, a blatant hater, it's like they took away your entire house.
---
Bacon.
#27HeaderHogPosted 1/23/2013 6:33:35 PM
Also, it's not like you have to pay an extra dollar for every game you get on the eShop.
Only the ones you need transferred.
---
Bacon.
#28squatch22Posted 1/23/2013 6:37:55 PM
HeaderHog posted...
Linetrix posted...
HeaderHog posted...
Right.

In reality, it's all about the light you see Nintendo in.
To me, the average consumer, it's a small price to pay.
To you, a blatant hater, it's like they took away your entire house.

They did. They burned his bridge
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#29DemonDog666Posted 1/23/2013 6:39:50 PM
MathewManson posted...
The people complaining about this--if they don't complain about the rip-off which is X-BOX LIVE--they're hypocrites.

For the record I did, and I found the people defending that almost as delusional.
#30PraetorXynPosted 1/23/2013 6:45:53 PM
You don't HAVE to pay the $1.00-$1.50 to play it on the Wii U, but it's almost like you do unless you want to constantly reboot your system into Wii mode, which pretty much defeats the purpose of having a Wii U.

But realistically, people who paid the prices Nintendo asked for VC games in the first place have no right to complain about this, because Nintendo charged 10 times what they're worth.