I noticed a lot of people have a misconception about the $1.00/$1.50 VC charge.

#1mmarksterPosted 1/23/2013 7:46:41 PM
To clarify:

1. This charge only applies to users who purchased the game on their Wii and transferred it to their Wii U. Otherwise, the game will be priced at $4.99 for NES games and $5.99 for NES games, with import games having a $1.00 surcharge.
2. It's an item on the eShop. There is no mandatory charge and download. In other words, it's optional. You don't have to buy it. You're not being forced to-- okay moving on.
3. You can play your existing Wii Virtual Console games in Wii Mode as you were already doing before the Wii U Virtual Console was announced.

For those who may not know, purchasing the Wii U version of Virtual Console games adds Miiverse, off-TV play, and Suspend/Restore points, as well as Wii U Pro Controller support. Wii U Virtual Console games are already compatible with the Wii Remote (Plus) and Classic Controller (Pro).
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
#2HungtotheoverPosted 1/23/2013 7:48:42 PM
U mad
---
I own you said the buyer.
#3DifferentialEquationPosted 1/23/2013 7:50:51 PM
There's no misconception about it. People know how it works and know that it's idiotic.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#4mmarkster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:51:06 PM
I'm not mad. I'm just getting annoyed by the amount of incompetent people misunderstanding the facts.
---
#5RainsweptPosted 1/23/2013 7:51:24 PM
Oh OK so basically they are just charging people for patches now.

Thanks for the clarification.
#6PraetorXynPosted 1/23/2013 7:51:52 PM
mmarkster posted...
To clarify:

1. This charge only applies to users who purchased the game on their Wii and transferred it to their Wii U. Otherwise, the game will be priced at $4.99 for NES games and $5.99 for NES games, with import games having a $1.00 surcharge.
2. It's an item on the eShop. There is no mandatory charge and download. In other words, it's optional. You don't have to buy it. You're not being forced to-- okay moving on.
3. You can play your existing Wii Virtual Console games in Wii Mode as you were already doing before the Wii U Virtual Console was announced.

For those who may not know, purchasing the Wii U version of Virtual Console games adds Miiverse, off-TV play, and Suspend/Restore points, as well as Wii U Pro Controller support. Wii U Virtual Console games are already compatible with the Wii Remote (Plus) and Classic Controller (Pro).

Anyone who's willing to pay $4.99 for a NES game or $5.99 for a SNES game has no right to complain about $1.00-$1.50 anyway, and this is coming from someone who actually grew up with Nintendo. That's an absurd asking price for games anywhere from roughly 12-26 years old.

But "Wii Mode" was the most idiotic idea ever.
#7RahzarXPosted 1/23/2013 7:52:05 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
There's no misconception about it. People know how it works and know that it's idiotic.

If I want to play it without paying, I can go to Wii mode. If I want to play the enhanced versions, I have to pay a dollar to a dollar fifty. No one thinks thats idiotic. Makes perfect sense.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#8HungtotheoverPosted 1/23/2013 7:52:41 PM
mmarkster posted...
I'm not mad. I'm just getting annoyed by the amount of incompetent people misunderstanding the facts.

Don't have much of a life outside of gamefaqs do you? If you did...I don't see how this could bother you.
---
I own you said the buyer.
#9Sailor GoonPosted 1/23/2013 7:52:44 PM
I havent seen anyone misunderstanding it. I see people who understand it and still think its an idiotic move.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#10mmarkster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:53:12 PM
Rainswept posted...
Oh OK so basically they are just charging people for patches now.

Thanks for the clarification.

It's technically not a patch, it's a different version of the game.
---