I noticed a lot of people have a misconception about the $1.00/$1.50 VC charge.

#51StriderVMPosted 1/23/2013 11:57:30 PM
Sorry for the Off Topic but Nintendo is forced to do the "Wii Mode" basically. You really can't complain about that.

It's because the Wii Mode is sandboxed. If it wasn't sandboxed, this means that the exploits that allowed homebrew and pirated games on the Wii will work on the Wii-U as well. It's basically the same thing as the PSP mode in the PS Vita. It's the security feature.
---
If you still can't emulate MVC2 perfectly on your PC, it means it's at least 5 years old.
#52PraetorXynPosted 1/24/2013 7:20:18 AM
StriderVM posted...
Sorry for the Off Topic but Nintendo is forced to do the "Wii Mode" basically. You really can't complain about that.

It's because the Wii Mode is sandboxed. If it wasn't sandboxed, this means that the exploits that allowed homebrew and pirated games on the Wii will work on the Wii-U as well. It's basically the same thing as the PSP mode in the PS Vita. It's the security feature.

This makes sense for Wii/GameCube games. But they have now created a better emulator for the Wii U that allows VC games to support the controller(s) and off-TV viewing etc. There's no reason for them to charge people who owned the games previously anything to get new copies that are allowed to use the better emulator.

It's not a matter of effort costing money; pretty much everyone else puts in the extra effort with their new operating systems and hardware to ensure compatibility with previous software, and they don't charge for that because you're paying for it when you buy the new OS (in this case, you paid for that effort when you bought the Wii U). Nintendo was just sloppy and lazy about this console, hence the massive day 1 update, the horribly slow operating system loading times for apps etc.
#53PigfartsPosted 1/24/2013 7:29:48 AM
I play play my downloaded PSX games on my PS3 and I can transfer them for FREE to my PSP. awesome.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#54SerOnionKnightPosted 1/24/2013 7:39:19 AM
Pigfarts posted...
I play play my downloaded PSX games on my PS3 and I can transfer them for FREE to my PSP. awesome.

Nintendo would like to charge you $1.00 or $1.50 extra for that same privilege. And then you would have these numbnuts here climbing all over themselves to rationalize that you don't have to pay for it, you could just opt not to do it. Gamefaqs crowd you never change.