Nintendo should buy Vigil Games and save Darksiders

#21Mystic_ShadoPosted 1/24/2013 10:26:16 PM
snae99 posted...
Why is Zelda compared with Darksiders? Darksiders has more in common with God of War than Zelda. Just sayin.

(btw I do not dislike either of the 3 games I mentioned above)

Well it's really a mix of God of War and Zelda. Sure the combat is GoW, but the dungeon design and item progression just screams Zelda.

It's fun, but as people have already said, how could they benefit from Zelda Jr.? Besides, if Darksiders 2 is any indication they really have no idea how to move the series forward... the sequel rips off of half a dozen games and just has no soul of its own.
#22WithYouForYouPosted 1/24/2013 10:35:46 PM
Nintendo cant buy vigil. Vigil shut down last night after no bids were given. (My homie worked there)

Platinum wanted the IP not the developers.
#23ADHDguitarPosted 1/24/2013 10:38:13 PM
I rented DS2 for GameFly and the comparisons to Zelda are pretty superficial.

I wouldn't mind if they bought it, but I don't know if it's worth it for them.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#24AalviPosted 1/24/2013 10:52:15 PM
Kuebel33 posted...
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Why would the company that makes Zelda have any interest in Zelda Jr.?

Because, as much as it pains me to say it, Darksiders is better than Zelda now a days.

Zelda will always rule, but it will also always have rose tinted glasses nostalgia involved. We will deal with anything Nintendo gives us for Zelda.

Darksiders is actually grown up...something Nintendo has yet to do with Zelda to be honest. I mean dude, I've been playing Zelda for 25 years. I'm not 7 years old any more. Can we get a dark gritty Zelda?

TP and SS are getting there but they aren't any of the tech demo's we've seen....

Why do we need to make everything dark and gritty?
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#253D_ShadoPosted 1/25/2013 8:34:53 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

DS2 is more like Diablo 3 than Zelda actually. DS1 is the Zelda-esque one.
#26strongo9Posted 1/25/2013 8:43:22 PM
No. I'd like to see future games from Vigil on the PC.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#27Zato InfinitePosted 1/25/2013 9:01:47 PM
Not a big fan of the first Darksiders and I have never played the second one. However, I do think there is potential with the series and a company like Nintendo could do something creative with it. Any company that does acquire Vigil should benefit as long as they are willing to invest in the series and propel it to the next level.
#28elheberPosted 1/25/2013 9:07:31 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

DS1 borrowed the combat system from games like GoW and the progression system from games like Zelda. It was essentially like Zelda with GoW combat. DS2 took that and added the platforming system from games like Prince of Persia, and the boss combat system from Shadow of the Colossus.

Nevertheless, you can't confuse going from overworld to dungeon, earning an item you need to use to beat that dungeon and boss, then going to the overworld and using that new item to reach a new area that was previously inaccessible. That's unmistakably Zelda.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |